Bill Burr | Club Random with Bill Maher

Everyone on Reddit hates him too.

Edit: just watched about 3 minutes. Maher is actually insufferable
can't stand maher and his trump derangement.

and he criticizes woke but he carries water for them so what good is criticism if your vote says otherwise?

Understandable, but they really go at it a few times in this interview. It's almost like a roast of bill maher.

I'll try to find which were the most interesting parts of this conversation.

Maher's new routine in his New Rule segments is so repetitive and transparent:

He just calls out the left for the majority of it, but because he feels he may have pissed off a big portion of the left during the segment, he ends it with one line bashing the right in a really out of the blue, non-sequitor manner. It's a way of saying "Hey I'm still on your side, and people in the middle, remember to vote blue no matter who!"

Not sure why Burr tolerates this fake cunt. He's the type of cunt that talks shit to your face while smiling and giggling, wanting you to be ok with it. I wouldn't be surprised if Maher is a closet gay sexual predator. I have been a fan of burr since the mid 90s. Bill made this pile of shit ok. Took 4 days of incremental listening to get through it.

there does appear to be some truth to Burr not liking Maher. there felt like there was a lot more poison in his tone towards him, above and beyond his usual ranty style of joking with his friends

Not sure why Burr tolerates this fake cunt.
Well, it doesn't seem like he did during that podcast. That whole thing was Burr just calling him out for being a pompous twat with insecurity issues. Loved the quip he said about Maher being annoyed with blue collar folks, because he believes they're the same people who used to hang him from the flagpole by his underwear in gym class. Or the other part where Maher was condescendingly asking him a question and Burr just cuts him off and goes "Why don't you just tell me the answer, instead of asking the question?"

A lot of these podcasts with Maher, have proven him to be absolutely useless without a team of writers, an audience of clapping seals, and a round table format where he can control and steer the conversation. When people push back on him in this format, he gets stumped and flustered, and sounds like a college kid just repeating canned talking points.

there does appear to be some truth to Burr not liking Maher. there felt like there was a lot more poison in his tone towards him, above and beyond his usual ranty style of joking with his friends
It's not the first time either. They hardly ever interact with each other, but when they do, it's always Burr shutting down his "smarty pants" gimmick with very real disdain in his voice. There's a clip from another show they were on together, and Burr gives his opinion on something that Maher disagreed with, and Maher comes back with some snobby vague response about how Burr should "educate" himself more on the topic, and Burr comes back with something like "Oh' really? What books should I read, coach?"

I don't usually buy into these Hollywood beefs, but you can just feel the tension when they're yacking at each. Burr is visibly annoyed and volatile and takes everything as a slight, and Maher is visibly flustered trying to nervously laugh his way through the abuse.

Norm MacDonald ripped on him all the time too. He had this one joke that I'm about to butcher that was so perfect. Something like, "Good news! Every Friday night, there a show that's on where Bill Maher will be giving away the answers to everyone's problems for free!"

He seems to have quite the reputation. Like, it's not an act. He really is that insufferably smug.

Maher's new routine in his New Rule segments is so repetitive and transparent:

He just calls out the left for the majority of it, but because he feels he may have pissed off a big portion of the left during the segment, he ends it with one line bashing the right in a really out of the blue, non-sequitor manner. It's a way of saying "Hey I'm still on your side, and people in the middle, remember to vote blue no matter who!"

This is so on point. He'll go 90-95% of his rant against the far left then always ends with a Trump/Republicans bad at the end like clockwork.

Bill Burr can make essentially anyone watchable. Club Random is Maher high/drunk rambling over his guests 90% of the time. Seinfeld and Burr were so good at shutting that shit down. It was funny seeing Burr take shots (playfully) at Maher. Maher has such a massive ego he can't take anyone critiquing him or having fun at his expense so this was a great watch.

Back