• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Biggest one hit wonders in MMA

GuanoApes

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
1. Matt Serra: People mostly only remember him for KO’ing GSP. The only other somewhat big win I can remember from him was knocking out Frank Trigg. He also has decision wins over Shonie Carter and Chris Lytle.

Still Matt Serra’s only win most people know of is over GSP.

Not saying Serra is a poor fighter or anything, people just know of him though as the guy who pulled off the biggest upset in UFC history.

2. Gabe Gonzaga: He made a name for himself by cro-copping Cro-Cop. No one else remembers anyone else he beat. I looked on his record once, said he had a win over Travis Browne, iirc.

Oh yea, he beat that black guy at UFC 56 in one of the shittiest fights of all time. Kevin Jordan.

Still, most people only really remember his MMA accomplishment of the upset win over CroCop.

3. Maurice Smith: He was the first guy to beat Mark Coleman. That one win got him a spot in the UFC Hall of Fame. That’s what most people only remember him for.

He does have a win over Tank Abbott too though. Most people however don’t remember that. Tank was beating Maurice’s ass too though until Tank got tired.

4. Pete Williams: The onnnnly thing I know about this guy was that he was from the Lion’s Den, and he was the first guy to KO Mark Coleman.

5. Elvis Sinosic: The only win I know from him without looking at his record was his upset submission win over Jeremy Horn.

That one win got him a title-shot and numerous opportunities to get another big win in the UFC.

He never got another win in UFC though, I don’t think. I believe he did drop Bisping with a knee though. Still, dude is a one hit wonder.

6. Houston Alexander: This guy got a KO win over Keith Jardine, and a lot of foolish people thought he was the next big thing.

He did KO Alessio Sakara afterwards, but still, Sakara was never that good. As far as UFC or Pride goes.

People still remember Houston Alexander to this day for beating Jardine, and UFC hyping him up.

Who else is there?

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Matt "The Hammer" Hamill

<JonesLaugh>
Funny.

I do remember he beat Tito though, his coach from TUF 3. That was kinda interesting to see.

He also got screwed out of a decision against Bisping from what I remember.

There´s a reason why Maurice was cornerin´so many dudes back then...
And, btw, he´s got 2 wins over someone from the Streets (even though was past his physical prime)

There´s a reason why Maurice was cornerin´so many dudes back then...
And, btw, he´s got 2 wins over someone from the Streets (even though was past his physical prime)
Oh wow. He beat Ruas twice..

I didn’t know that.

Couture, Mir, Carwin.

Dude was a defending champ.

Got the TS with a 1:1 record, against 44 YO LHW.
Got destroyed in the next fight. Then in the next too. Then in the next again. Then retired. Then failed for peds.

Got the TS with a 1:1 record, against 44 YO LHW.
Got destroyed in the next fight. Then in the next too. Then in the next again. Then retired. Then failed for peds.
I remember when he beat Heath Herring too.

Dropped him with an Incredible Hulk type like punch.

I think Brock could of beat Mir too the first time if the ref didn’t stand him up for punches to the back of the head.

Brock also helped keep UFC 200 alive by fighting Hunt.

I could personally care less if he pissed hot. Lots of fighters do PEDs.

Brock was not a one hit wonder though. No matter what you think of him..

Also he beat Mir after Couture, get your facts straight.

by the time Huas bulked up to LHW in the States, his knees were shot.

Both were realistically LHWs.
I see. I thought Maurice Smith was a lot bigger until I looked up their weights on Wikipedia.

Seth Petruzelli is a one hit wonder.

The first fighter to expose Kimbo.

Jack Hermansson hahahahaha people thought he deserved a title shot ahahahahahahaha

Back