Social Biggest Mayberry pet peeve?

When I start ranting and overposting and being weird.... ;)
Yes...

All you had to do was go back to the post you quoted and read it, again.
Who says I didn't? I didn't connect the green part to "dirty likes". The green part doesn't say anything about liking posts, it's just about agreeing with them.

He told you that the answer is in his original post. All you had to do was go back to the post you quoted and read it, again.

The green part was the answer to your question.

Why is he a prick if he answered your questions with sincere answers?

I'm pretty sure he's just a returning troll(check the join date and post count). Yeah, he's quite familiar with this place, and nobody is that dumb. He was just playing that stupid game where you play dumb over something so simple, to get the other person to give you like 700 different explanations to something so clear, just to waste their time and frustrate them. I wasn't biting, so he got all pissy.

I'm trying to spread JBG WARship here, but topics are very nonviolent....

No one is willing to meet me irl...

Mine is people who can't be bothered to use multi-quote. They just keep making post after post after post, all with just one quote in them.

Yours?

I'm one of those people. Pretty much because I'll respond to someone then see someone else I need to respond to afterwards. I don't scan the entire thread before posting.

The alternative is editing the post to add in another quote but: 1) That's too much style. 2) The person I'm responding to won't get the notification.

People who come into a thread and insult everyone or the discussion, or come in to voice how much they hate threads like it and do their best to kill it and leave.
Then complain that the place is dying.

That's always been my pet peeve too. If you don't like a thread, keep scrolling... if there is something specific you disagree with, articulate a coherent rebuttal.

That's up there with "who cares?" You did obviously for responding.

I hate when I DM people pics of my beautiful, smooth hog and instead of sending back pics of their own hogs they just report me to mods. So rude.

You never DM'd me!
sonic-hedgehog-waiting.gif

Dudes who have thousands of posts but wont become a Plat member and support the site.

I considered it. Then earlier this year saw I could get banned at any point for any (or no) reason at all. Ain't taking that risk bruv.

@owen_taggart I multi-quoted. You happy?

I think he means he doesnt like agreeing with people on movies who he doesnt agree with on other things. So liking their posts feel dirty.
I’m the same way tbh. So I very rarely give out likes. Plus I’m old and yappy, I need to quote the post then add my own bullshit :cool:

Dudes who have thousands of posts but wont become a Plat member and support the site.

What does platin do ? What features does it unlock

Well I post a lot that drives traffic. Also browsing all these years

Mine is people who can't be bothered to use multi-quote. They just keep making post after post after post, all with just one quote in them.

Dammit. I got merc'd in the OP.

FML

Last edited:
That's always been my pet peeve too. If you don't like a thread, keep scrolling... if there is something specific you disagree with, articulate a coherent rebuttal.

That's up there with "who cares?" You did obviously for responding.

You never DM'd me!
sonic-hedgehog-waiting.gif

I considered it. Then earlier this year saw I could get banned at any point for any (or no) reason at all. Ain't taking that risk bruv.

@owen_taggart I multi-quoted. You happy?

My biggest peeve with Mayberry these days is that so many funny and engaging threads get moved to the OT or downright to the wasteland.

Epic threads like the iPad or the scented candle would never made it to the epic level in today's Mayberry

<{hughesimpress}>
This. At least half of my threads get moved within 20 minutes. Meanwhile certain posters can make a thread like "I've drank 3 glasses of water today" or "my cousins favorite color is red" or any other painfully boring pointless topic and they will let it go 20 pages with out being deleted/moved

This. At least half of my threads get moved within 20 minutes. Meanwhile certain posters can make a thread like "I've drank 3 glasses of water today" or "my cousins favorite color is red" or any other painfully boring pointless topic and they will let it go 20 pages with out being deleted/moved
At least your foot thread hasn't been moved yet.

Back