8. Alabama
7. Colorado
6. Georgia
5. Montana
4. California
3. Oregon
2. Texas
1. Alaska

....New Mexico. 5th biggest state, ~ 2 million people total and about 3/4ths of that live in one city.

You put "eyes that have been there" in your equation as if you've never heard that there has been eyewitness accounts. "Records" as if they've not been spoken/written about for centuries. "Evidence" as if there's never been a footprint found or cast made of it. What you mean is that there's no physical evidence that proves it's existence beyond a doubt....well no shit. If there were, there'd be no need to be having this conversation.

Thanks. +1 for the Wilderness Brigade.

Do you even probability homes? We don't even know what goes on in every square inch of Maryland , and we know the landscape can support 400 pound omnivores??????? Could it be? You cant tell me it cant........can you? Youre just awe struck with the size of the area in question , and non of us are here are experts so with enough insistence by yourself and other like minded posters, this silly and completely unfounded notion can get a little traction( in your mind anyway) Believe what you want dude , that's your prerogative and that's fine. Just be aware that when you bring it up it boils down to a relative ignoramus ( sorry but all of us discussing this are ) chancing an irrational guess concerning something he has an extremely limited knowledge in with no supporting evidence , its not a compelling argument, and you haven't won a thing . There's a reason youre passionately arguing this online in anonymity. Because you know its an illogical position , and youre aware that most people would probably feel a little bit sorry for you while they had to sit there and look at you make the same case in person.

I'm gonna make a wild uneducated guess here and posit that judging by your LOTM Av , that your are a guy that is enchanted by the idea of the unspoiled and unknown wilderness. The mystery and the romanticism of wild spaces and the blank space's on the map. I'm right there with you man , its an intriguing thing. Not saying you can't go hike around for a while and not see anyone, or you can't get lost , or that we've cataloged every weevil out there , BUT the ship has sailed for the kind mystery that youre longing for here bud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you even probability homes? We don't even know what goes on in every square inch of Maryland , and we know the landscape can support 400 pound omnivores??????? Could it be? You cant tell me it cant........can you? Youre just awe struck with the size of the area in question , and non of us are here are experts so with enough insistence by yourself and other like minded posters, this silly and completely unfounded notion can get a little traction( in your mind anyway) Believe what you want dude , that's your prerogative and that's fine. Just be aware that when you bring it up it boils down to a relative ignoramus ( sorry but all of us discussing this are ) chancing an irrational guess concerning something he has an extremely limited knowledge in with no supporting evidence , its not a compelling argument, and you haven't won a thing . There's a reason youre passionately arguing this online in anonymity. Because you know its an illogical position , and youre aware that most people would probably feel a little bit sorry for you while they had to sit there and look at you make the same case in person.

I'm gonna make a wild uneducated guess here and posit that judging by your LOTM Av , that your are a guy that is enchanted by the idea of the unspoiled and unknown wilderness. The mystery and the romanticism of wild spaces and the blank space's on the map. I'm right there with you man , its an intriguing thing. Not saying you can't go hike around for a while and not see anyone, or you can't get lost , or that we've cataloged every weevil out there , BUT the ship has sailed for the kind mystery that youre longing for here bud.

Lol wow, I can see my last post has left you severely rustled. That's too bad. At least your rant served to bump the thread though, so thanks.

And hey, since you're in here, you might as well read this article on the difficulties of extracting DNA from retrieved hair samples. It's pretty informative as to probabilities of success:

http://www.forensicmag.com/articles...na-testing-and-forensic-analysis-hair-samples

Lol wow, I can see my last post has left you severely rustled. That's too bad. At least your rant served to bump the thread though, so thanks.

And hey, since you're in here, you might as well read this article on the difficulties of extracting DNA from retrieved hair samples. It's pretty informative as to probabilities of success:

http://www.forensicmag.com/articles...na-testing-and-forensic-analysis-hair-samples

Rustled? What are you 6? Why does someone have to be " rustled" , And just not in agreement with you?

Youre probably right though dude. " Bear grounds" the assistant to the assistant manager of the Columbus Ohio tire mart has probably thought of a few angles that every other relevant expert has inexplicably overlooked. Keep up the good work man.....we need to get you on cancer research or the sickle cell next!

Rustled? What are you 6? Why does someone have to be " rustled" , And just not in agreement with you?

Youre probably right though dude. " Bear grounds" the assistant to the assistant manager of the Columbus Ohio tire mart has probably thought of a few angles that every other relevant expert has inexplicably overlooked. Keep up the good work man.....we need to get you on cancer research or the sickle cell next!

Back