Big Nog anmd Cro Cop had ZERO chance of beating Fedor...

Just because in hindsight they lost? Or do you have factual basis for why they might as well have just skipped the fight?

Prime fedor was a monster, nobody wanted none of that smoke, not wandy, not Rampage, not overeem, not sergei, nobody.

Randy Couture did!
Although you could make the case that wasn't "prime Fedor" in those days.

And I do think Fedor would've beaten Randy, but Randy would've made it interesting I'm pretty sure. He had a gameplan for everybody and very few fighters had better in-fight iq's than Randy. Even Fedor said his favorite HW fighter was Randy.

Wish we could've seen that.

Just because in hindsight they lost? Or do you have factual basis for why they might as well have just skipped the fight?

No.

What I'm saying is with all the build up to these fights...Fedor dominated them both at their own game.

We waited years for Fedor vs Cro Cop and it was epic when it happened...hairs standing up on your arms epic!

And then Fedor bullied Cro Cop around the ring.

Wtf are you talking about. Crocop came close on landing the LHK and Fedor himself said BigNog was a tough opponent because he never wilted until the bell rang. I love Fedor but this thread is just dumb.

Came to say this. Yes Fedor won but it could have gotten ugly real quick if that HK landed.

So this zero chance of winning was blown out the window with that alone.

Fedor was the man. Out grappled big nog and out struck Cro cop. Fucking legend in his day.

People dont get it today what it was like watching that dude. He was special.
This.

The only time I saw him throw a high kick was against CC. He was beating his opponents at their strenght, that’s what made him so special.

Cro Cop's big mistake was accepting fight with Fedor's training partner Magomedov only 2 months before the Fedor fight.

Magomedov was used as tactical preparation from Fedor's camp, and since there were only 2 months between the fights Cro Cop's peak form obviously suffered. It is very short time to recover and preapire camp for another fight. And it also includes traveling to Japan and back with jet-lag and time difference adjustments in time when Cro Cop was supposed to be training in peace for Fedor. Mirko was most likely overtrained and that can clearly be seen beacuse Mirko gassed really badly after first 10 minutes.

Cro Cop could do a lot better in rematch if he had 3-4 months to preapire without interruption. It's really too bad that the rematch never happened.

Last edited:
Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiveeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr

Nogueira would have defeated Fedor at PRIDE Final Conflict 2004. He was unstoppable that night.
Come at me.

Against Nog Fedor was the better grappler. By the later fights the better striker too
Against Cro Cop Fedor was the far better grappler

TS is wrong to say they had no chance, but he won those fights for those reasons.

It's rare to see a Fedor fan belittle Nog and Cro Cop. Almost treason. And Cro Cop could very well have beaten Fedor. I'd say it was a 65/35 fight. Nog struggled stylistically

If the LHK that Cro Cop threw (the one that opened a cut on Fedor) was a few inches lower, the story could have been very different.

Felt bad for Nog.

His best outing vs. Fedor was in Fedor Nog II. I scored that match a draw until they clashed heads.

lol at Mark Coleman yelling super glue.

No.

What I'm saying is with all the build up to these fights...Fedor dominated them both at their own game.

We waited years for Fedor vs Cro Cop and it was epic when it happened...hairs standing up on your arms epic!

And then Fedor bullied Cro Cop around the ring.
That's the hindsight talking though. A high level kickboxer always has a chance when standing and a high level jiu jiustu player always has a chance on the ground.

It's rare to see a Fedor fan belittle Nog and Cro Cop. Almost treason. And Cro Cop could very well have beaten Fedor. I'd say it was a 65/35 fight. Nog struggled stylistically
tbh it´s pretty common...

Any time a Fedor fan says somethin´like "Fedor is the GOAT & it´s not even close", this means he´s actually belittlin´ Nog and technically downgradin´his [GOAT] win. The irony is that Fedor´s legacy relies heavily on Nog [strength of schedule issues when it comes to his résumé...].

Heck, you will even see fans havin´Fedor as GOAT & Nog outside of the top5...

Fucking stupid. Shit posts like the OP is the reason noobs think Fedor is overrated. Stop it, you're making Fedor fans look bad. We loved Fedor because he was the underdog, the small guy. Guy who couldve made LHW and even MW. We love him becuase he overcame. He was the underdog in most his fights before the Big Nog fights. He always found a way to win despite being at a severe disadvantage sometimes. Stop rewriting history to make him out to be some Jones like character who seemed impossible to beat. Fedor was very beatable and the fact he didn't lose for so long considering all that is what made him special.

Back