Big fight next weekend..

Michael Wright

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Carl Frampton vs. Léo Santa Cruz for the WBA SFW belt. Huge win & stamp of approval for Carl if he can manage it. McGuigans have ben pushing for this fight for a couple of years so they obviously see something in Cruz that they think they can exploit! LSC has a significant reach advantage & relentless work rate, he's also a slight favourite. However I am picking Frampton to do the job! Big ask though..

Another super fight ! Can't wait !!! I'll be rooting for Frampton

I think Frampton is going to get stopped late, but he'll go out swinging if he does.

This is a terrific fight though, and if I lived anywhere near I'd attend, it's a good card.

We get Adonis Stevenson on Spike on Friday, This on Showtime on Saturday along side UFC 201 which looks to be a fine card as well.

Boxrec has Danny Jacobs vs TBA for this card as well. Fucking dangerous dude TBA, I hope Jacobs gets some work in at least.

Sometimes there's a drought, and sometimes we get spoiled. Next weekend is in the latter category IMO. :D

Cant wait for this one - should be fireworks! Been on the cards for a while this one, I'm glad it's taking place at FW.

I'm from Belfast and hope Carlos can get the job done... tough ask though. I think he'll carry more power up in weight, and I believe LSC's style will match-up well with Carlos.

Looking forward to seeing Mikey Garcia's return.

Daniel Jacobs was supposed to be on card as well - anyone know if he got an opponent?

Jacobs is fighting Sergio Mora, I believe.

If I'm not mistaken, Jacobs-Mora got moved to September.

This is a great card but its facing tough competition that night.

Santa Cruz is gonna get a big win here.

LSC dominates here. The Mares fight showed he has a little variety to his game. Frampton is good, but not enough to overcome the relentless work rate he will face.

Last edited:
Frampton will surprise people. He's better than he is getting credit for, quigg was no joke.

Jacobs will be beating the shit out of mora.

Frampton will surprise people. He's better than he is getting credit for, quigg was no joke.

My faith in Frampton went down the drain after I saw him hit the deck twice vs some random mexican on Pbc.

Rooting for mini margarito in this one, he impressed me in the Mares fight.

Jacobs vs Mora is going to be on SPIKE

Jacobs vs Mora is going to be on SPIKE
Did I say they were going to be on the same day, card, channel, continent or planet? No.

I addressed two different fights two different people talked about in the same thread. I even left a convenient gap in between them so people with IQs above 70 could realise that.

I think some folks are sleeping on Frampton. He could put on a DISPLAY here! Great win if he can manage it. One of the best in boxing. LSC is a stud.

I think some folks are sleeping on Frampton. He could put on a DISPLAY here! Great win if he can manage it. One of the best in boxing. LSC is a stud.
Quite a bit late, but I have crow to eat here.

Back