• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Big country destroys CC at his best...

"The evolution of the sport and fighters"

Rockhold fighting hands down and getting KOed is the evolution?
Nate eating low kicks all his career like it was pot is the evolution?
Runson running wild in the octagon throwing punches and getting flatlined is the evolution?
Conor being a 2 division champion that cant fight for more than 2 rounds cause he doesnt have any cardio is the evolution?
Predator eating his own hype and gassing hard in the 1rst round of a title fight is the evolution?

You fucking UFC shill have guys left and right that dont have any boxing fundamentals or even try to check a low kick and want to talk about evolution?

Agreed, I get sick of hearing it. MW to HW are the worst they've ever been. There are no real decent contenders anymore.

Haven’t you heard, MMA is the only sport that reached its apex barely a decade after it started and all of those fighters from that time are the greatest fighters of hat there ever will be. Nobody can improve and any loss from guys that fought in pride can be justified in that they were “passed their prime”, didn’t train hard and also that their opponent that night was unbeatable.

Haven’t you heard, MMA is the only sport that reached its apex barely a decade after it started and all of those fighters from that time are the greatest fighters of hat there ever will be. Nobody can improve and any loss from guys that fought in pride can be justified in that they were “passed their prime”, didn’t train hard and also that their opponent that night was unbeatable.

Haventy you heard? the product the UFC is selling today is ALWAYS the best product, it couldn't ever be otherwise, I mean what reason would they have to lie?

has never spoken to a boxing fan ^

What the fuqq is going on around here?

Randleman landed a clean left hook, he didn't destroy Cro Cop for fuqqs sake.
CC was knocked down then hammered completely unconscious with repeated elbows. Randleman took zero damage. Is that not destroying your opponent?

...or perhaps somewhere inbetween, certain divisions like HW have dropped off somewhat, other divisions have improved. The problem is a significant part of the fanbase is totally and utterly in the thrall of UFC hype, these people aren't happy with the idea that sometimes this hype might be true and sometimes false, it has to be true almost all the time.

Going back to this fight Nelson is obviously a tough bastard and I can potentally see him surviving peak Mirko for 15 mins(personally I think he'd go down to bodykicks), the difference is that peak Mirko was vastly harder to hit that the declining fighter with messed up knees Roy fought who was getting tagged by almost everyone he faced.

...or perhaps somewhere inbetween, certain divisions like HW have dropped off somewhat, other divisions have improved. The problem is a significant part of the fanbase is totally and utterly in the thrall of UFC hype, these people aren't happy with the idea that sometimes this hype might be true and sometimes false, it has to be true almost all the time.

Going back to this fight Nelson is obviously a tough bastard and I can potentally see him surviving peak Mirko for 15 mins(personally I think he'd go down to bodykicks), the difference is that peak Mirko was vastly harder to hit that the declining fighter with messed up knees Roy fought who was getting tagged by almost everyone he faced.
I’m sure you were a diehard Fedor, Cro Cop etc. fan and infatuated with those guys in pride. It’s convent to use that heavyweight has dropped off because you worshipped guys like them, yet we’ve seen as shitty as the heavyweight division is it has improved and the older fighters still fighting in it have improved. The only people that didn’t improve were guys like Fedor, Cro Cop and Nog along with some others and they all got exposed.

I’m sure you were a diehard Fedor, Cro Cop etc. fan and infatuated with those guys in pride. It’s convent to use that heavyweight has dropped off because you worshipped guys like them, yet we’ve seen as shitty as the heavyweight division is it has improved and the older fighters still fighting in it have improved. The only people that didn’t improve were guys like Fedor, Cro Cop and Nog along with some others and they all got exposed.

Its "convenient" that sportspeople decline with age? I'd call that a simple fact, rather I would say say its "convenient" to the UFC that they've sold a pro wrestling like fantasy that "nobody declines they just exposed" to part of the fanbase, this fantasy is great for them because it means they can hype the product their selling today as the best ever. Boxing promoters wish they have this kind of ignorance in their fanbase to work with.

In Fedor's case of course he didn't decline when he came to the US, he came over there and destroyed two of the three best UFC HW's of his era and then lost to another ex Pride HW of his era.

Its "convenient" that sportspeople decline with age? I'd call that a simple fact, rather I would say say its "convenient" to the UFC that they've sold a pro wrestling like fantasy that "nobody declines they just get out evolved" to part of the fanbase, this fantasy is great for them because it means they can hype the product their selling today as the best ever.

In Fedor's case of course he didn't decline when he came to the US, he came over there and destroyed two of the three best UFC HW's of his era.
Guys from his era. That also had rudimentary skills. I understand you have put Fedor on a pedestal and can never admit that there is anybody that would ever have a chance of beating him. I’m sure you also think he’s the greatest ever at every facet of mma and that Heath Herring didn’t reverse and control him on the growing making him look gassed and helpless until the fight was stopped due to cut.

Guys from his era. That also had rudimentary skills. I understand you have put Fedor on a pedestal and can never admit that there is anybody that would ever have a chance of beating him. I’m sure you also think he’s the greatest ever at every facet of mma and that Heath Herring didn’t reverse and control him on the growing making him look gassed and helpless until the fight was stopped due to cut.

Crocop the elite level K-1 fighter who totally shut down Mark Coleman's wrestling had "rudimentary skills" and was out evolved by Roy Nelson? as I said the fantasy you live in is one the UFC have specifically created in order to sell you todays product, some divisions have evolved over time but HW? did you just see Ngannou's performance vs Stipe? you seriously think he showed skill in that match that makes Mirko look "rudimentary"?

Crocop the elite level K-1 fighter who totally shut down Mark Coleman's wrestling had "rudimentary skills" and was out evolved by Roy Nelson? as I said the fantasy you live in is one the UFC have specifically created in order to sell you todays product, some divisions have evolved over time but HW? did you just see Ngannou's performance vs Stipe? you seriously think he showed skill in that match that makes Mirko look "rudimentary"?
I like how age is a huge factor for you in fighting yet you use Cro Crop beating a 40+ year old Coleman as evidence of great skill. You are a cherry picker and need to get laid.

Also Francis has way more power and heart than Cro Cop, Cro Cop would’ve quit by the second round against Stipe if he wasn’t already unconscious by then.

hugemmafag22
:eek::eek::eek:? Yet one of Fedor’s greatest wins on his resume is against a :eek::eek::eek: that also worked at Sam’s. Pretty sad state that MMA was in when Fedor was fighting. To top it off he got knocked out in a minute by a former NFL player that hadn’t even attempted fighting until he was in his thirties.

:eek::eek::eek:? Yet one of Fedor’s greatest wins on his resume is against a :eek::eek::eek: that also worked at Sam’s. Pretty sad state that MMA was in when Fedor was fighting. To top it off he got knocked out in a minute by a former NFL player that hadn’t even attempted fighting until he was in his thirties.

You're a faaaaaaag

Back