News Bibiano Fernandes parts ways with ONE Championship, advises fighters to ‘think twice before you decide to go there’ PLUS Bonus announcement!

TorontoTO

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Fernandes said he couldn’t go into detail on ONE’s business practices because “there are clauses in my contract saying I can’t speak or they can come after me.” He offers advice to fellow fighters, though.

“Many athletes go through difficulties,” Fernandes said. “If you’re a fighter and you’re thinking about fighting for ONE Championship, brother, think twice before you decide to go there.

Edit: Kiamram Abbasov is also gone

Last edited:
Read this article earlier. Honestly wouldn't surprise me in light of their contracts being exposed. But yea... Supposedly

<Fedor23>

You see the promise of more money and they dangle being an ambassador or a desk job and then you get 14 fights in 11 years and dont get shit on the way out.

All orgs have contracts that favor them, all do dirty sneaky shit but One seems to be the worst. I def wouldnt go there. UFC, PFL/Bellator, BKFC, Oktagon, KSW, Rizin whatver anyone but One.

Man, that's telling. I remember when he signed with them, his quotable at that time was, "It's many fighters' dreams to fight in the UFC. It ain't mine." Wonder what he'd have to say about that statement, in hindsight?

This seems to be a lot of their MMA fighters removed. 5 top fighters from the UFC roster is just another day in the office.

tough luck, but most orgs exploit fighters that r not top draws. Bibi started losing and getting up there. Hope he finds another org to wind down. MM/DJ still there and presumably Hume. UFC needs competition but seems One just can’t get the momentum. I don’t care for the MT kickboxing , but the grappling ok.

I suspect maybe they've been told they have to start turning a profit by the investors. Focusing on the Thai is cheaper than MMA and they seem to have a market for it now.
I kinda want to see the nonsense they pull with the Lee siblings now, wow Christian coming back to face the winner of Sage vs Shinya. Amazing!

I will repeat myself … ONE has an expiration date and it’s soon

Extremely ironic considering Bibiano was originally announced for UFC 149, then said he never signed with the UFC and went to ONE instead.

Hard time believing the guy made less money in ONE than he would have made in UFC.

How would Fernandes have done had he gone to the UFC instead of ONE way back when?

Seems the problem is good deals but then no fights to cash them out ?

Seems the problem is good deals but then no fights to cash them out ?
Pretty good pay, but no fights. Promises made, but not delivered. Not allowed to fight anywhere else, even when the promotion isn’t using you. Signing your image rights away in perpetuity. No sunset clause, and championship clauses that are even worse than UFC’s.

There’s a whole list of things wrong with ONE

Back