biased announcer.

Well I expected that seeing as showtime just gave mayweather a 260 million deal.

What did you want them to do? Pretend Floyd was losing? You seem to be really offended that Floyd won this fight.

I caught the BoxNation feed, didn't hear Sheridan or Mauro. Commentary was fine on that one. If you're talking about Sheridan, he certainly has his own way of seeing and calling fights.

I hate the BoxNation feeds, they keep talking over the entrance. Can't hear the music, the rapping, the announcing, or anything. Totally ruins the experience of watching a live fight. Plus, the times they cut to the fight are too late, like missing half of Lennon's announcement.

Ya, extrememly annoying. Mayweather gets hit: "Mayweather absorbs the punches"

What did you want them to do? Pretend Floyd was losing? You seem to be really offended that Floyd won this fight.

Hmm call the fight down the middle. Acknowledge both fighters, not just one. Why would I be offended that Floyd win?i just think people are going overboard on his performance last night. I've seen much better from him.

Hmm call the fight down the middle. Acknowledge both fighters, not just one. Why would I be offended that Floyd win?i just think people are going overboard on his performance last night. I've seen much better from him.

I thought they reacted properly when Canelo landed clean.

It wasn't a close fight. They focused on the fighter who was dominating the action.

I thought they reacted properly when Canelo landed clean.

It wasn't a close fight. They focused on the fighter who was dominating the action.

Depends on what your definition of domination is. He was winning mostly all the rounds but at no point did I say....damn Floyd is whipping his ass.

I really thought they were bad, Seano. It wasn't that they needed to pretend Floyd wasn't in control, but they completely refused to acknowledge shots that Alvarez landed. Alvarez hit Floyd with a solid right hand and snapped his head back, silence. Mayweather lands a jab that snaps Alvarez's head back and you woulda thought it was the Pac vs. Hatton knock out.

And how about that Matthysse vs. Garcia fight? Mallignaggi: "Where's the enswell? They got no enswell guys!" They had been using it for three friggin' rounds! And they never acknowledged the fact that Garcia hit Matthysse low at least half a dozen times after the initial warning. And where was the replay of how the swelling started? BUSH LEAGUE.

Were you guys listening to the showtime team? I thought they were spot on about what Canelo was doing. I never saw Floyd hurt or in any danger in that fight.

Mathysse's eye- I pointed out he was developing a mouse a round or two before his eye closed. I don't think people saw it happening until it was almost closed.

I'm looking at it right now and in the first round, left hooks and jabs are bouncing off that eye.

Were you guys listening to the showtime team? I thought they were spot on about what Canelo was doing. I never saw Floyd hurt or in any danger in that fight.

I was listening to the Showtime team. I didn't think Floyd was in danger, but that doesn't mean he didn't get touched with a few good shots.

i thought the funniest part was when he said if you added all the major sporting events together and times it by 10 it still wouldnt have the same amount of viewers

I was listening to the british guys. The color commentator was over the top biased for Floyd. The play by play guy was recognizing Floyd was clearly winning but also noting how a few rounds could and likely would go Canelo's way. The color guy wasnt giving Canelo anything. I believe he even scored Canelo's best round a draw.

And how about that Matthysse vs. Garcia fight? Mallignaggi: "Where's the enswell? They got no enswell guys!" They had been using it for three friggin' rounds! And they never acknowledged the fact that Garcia hit Matthysse low at least half a dozen times after the initial warning. And where was the replay of how the swelling started? BUSH LEAGUE.

They actually focused on the eye the entire round after it happened. It was clear when it happened. Left hook from Garcia, eye closed immediately. And Paulie was right, later on the guy was just using fingers on Lucas's eye.

I hate the BoxNation feeds, they keep talking over the entrance. Can't hear the music, the rapping, the announcing, or anything. Totally ruins the experience of watching a live fight. Plus, the times they cut to the fight are too late, like missing half of Lennon's announcement.

When Lil Wayne is "rapping" I am incredibly thankful for the BoxNation feed. It was funny though seeing them stumble over the celebrity shots in the crowd. They fumbled LL Cool J, Puffy, and several others.

They actually focused on the eye the entire round after it happened. It was clear when it happened. Left hook from Garcia, eye closed immediately. And Paulie was right, later on the guy was just using fingers on Lucas's eye.

I never saw a replay or heard any comment about how the swelling developed. Perhaps I missed it.

They started using their fingers so the could get in around the socket and clear away the swelling, albeit momentarily, which is also the case with an enswell. The fact the commentators were insinuating incompetence by the corner was bullshit.

It was a competitive fight. I acknowledge you picked correctly although the swelling definitely made the difference. I was impressed with how Garcia fought and I thought it was cool of Matthysse to not make a fuss in the post fight about the low blows like many fighters would have.

I think they seemed biased because the action was a little biased.

they were listening to the international broadcast with bob sheridan . he was massively annoying .

not sure why this guy was considered a good commentator at some point .

Well in his defense...It was a pretty amazing performance

Back