Better win for a MW champ? Jan or Forrest?

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I know Jan is "champion", but Griffin was just one fight removed from being champ himself, and he actually won his belt from the previous champ not like here where you had the best guy vacating the belt and you're fighting another contender for it.

I like Jan, I'm really happy for him that he won the belt, but he would have to be considered a notch below Forrest Griffin at this point when comparing all time great 205'ers.

Last edited:
Griffin is higher than Jan by more than a notch.

But Jan is the better win.

Work your brain around those two not mutually exclusive statements :eek:

Last edited:
Similar caliber of wins, but the fact that Jan is actually holding the LHW belt will give it some significance when looking back at Israel's achievements, assuming he can pull it off.

Jan. But I do think Forrest has the better win, #1 Shogun coming to the UFC after destroying the best in the Pride Tournament.

Shogun had an ACL injury and gassed in like 2 minutes. Was similar to the injury issues against Coleman in the rematch and Bones. He completely gassed within a couple minutes in all those fights.

Jan is probably more skilled, but Forest was a bigger name and known for his durability

Shogun had an ACL injury and gassed in like 2 minutes. Was similar to the injury issues against Coleman in the rematch and Bones. He completely gassed within a couple minutes in all those fights.
I asked Frank and he said Shogun was a 137 years old by then...

Back