Better on the mic: Rock vs Heyman

Rock for getting himself over

Heyman for getting his guy, his guy’s opponent, the angle, and the match, over.
Was going to post the same thing. Rock can get a crowd going with jokes and insults, Heyman can get himself, his client, and their opponent legit heat.

Heyman got people to cheer Jim Cornette.

The rock

I am not a fan of Paul or his promos. I really hated him on commentary in 2001. He is super cringe. Could not wait for the king to come back

I think Heyman deserves a lot of love though.

That fat fucker is just good at the business.

Of those two, I'm going with Heyman.

Rock could only go one way. Like Kevin Owens, he was constantly getting himself over with comedy even as a heel.

Heyman could be the "annoying New York city slicker Jew" to rile up the Southern crowds, the bitter failure to lead The Invasion, or a sniveling weasel to showcase Brock or Roman as alpha. And, when working heel, most of his comedy came at his expense and not the other talents.

The 2 best and everyone else is a distant memory
main-qimg-12cfd3daa823148e9b794154c62e5bdc

maxresdefault.jpg

Heyman is great and with a wrestler he’s big money. But just the possibility of Rock speaking has put more butts in seats and in front of tv than Heyman ever has. Add Rock wrestling and that’s more money than Heyman+Lesnar/Reigns. Bit like comparing a Ferrari and a Porsche.

Yeah. Heyman is more articulate and can create a serious angle or storyline or otherwise drive a point home better on the mic.

The Rock in his prime was much more charismatic than just about anyone.

They have two very different strengths in their promos. I don't know how to classify which one is better. Heyman can be used for more things (manager/authority figure/etc...). The Rock could make himself a huge star and sell his PPV main event matches.
Totally agree and well said. My thoughts exactly.

I want a poll of Jim Cornette vs Punk or Paul Heyman.

Rock hasn't had "it" for almost 20 years now. 2004 was probably the last time we saw a creative Rock on the stick.

Back