Better grappler- Jake Shields or David Terrell?

ruGSPsh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know they have trained with same camp before, and both have an amazing ground game. Just curious if anyone have heard any stories of them rolling, and who usually subbed who. Any info will be appreciated.

i am pretty sure terell has been a black blet under ceaser gracie for years...i think sheilds just got his recently...and i have heard terrell is a beast on teh ground...that said i would say terrell is the better pure grappler

Terrell is alot bigger isnt he? By at least 20 pounds I think. They could be close in skill, but that sort of size is hard to overcome against elite level guys.

terrel has been competeing at the top level longer right, correct me if im wrong im not sure. both great guys but the edge to terrel and i think hes bigger as well

Both are awesome. For a long time Dave got the best of Jake. The matches are getting closer so I hear.

just jitz- terrell

but with sheilds has far better wrestling making him better rounded. combined with his awesome top game i'd say it puts him pretty close to terrell overall.

with a gi i'd say terrell for sure, but if they fought at ADCC at a similar weight it would be very close. Terrell would have a better chance at a sub, but shields could very well get a TD and stay safe on top for a points won.

Jake is improving everyday. With reports of Terrell getting injured over and over again, I doubt its because he's taking it light on the mats, so he's probably getting better too.

If you would of asked this question two years ago the answer would be obvious, but now its a difficult question.

Both are awesome. For a long time Dave got the best of Jake. The matches are getting closer so I hear.

QFT. I've been witness to quite a few of their training matches and have recently rolled with both of them. Dave still has the upper hand, but the margin is closing enough to make me wonder what it would be like if they were closer in weight (don't think I've ever seen them within 25 lbs except when Dave was prepping for ADCC). They have completely different styles too, almost hard to believe.

just jitz- terrell

but with sheilds has far better wrestling making him better rounded. combined with his awesome top game i'd say it puts him pretty close to terrell overall.

with a gi i'd say terrell for sure, but if they fought at ADCC at a similar weight it would be very close. Terrell would have a better chance at a sub, but shields could very well get a TD and stay safe on top for a points won.

Wrong, Shields would never get a point on Terrell, the only way he would win in a grappling match would be through advantage points.

No one has scored a point against Terrell in a grappling match and I doubt Shields would be able to either.

I have trained with them since they were kids. All things even= weight, conditioning and preparation, I will always pic Dave.

Reality is Jake trains with fights in mind more often and Dave has more focus on teaching which has given Jake the ability to close the gap. BTW, Dave's last injury that caused him to pull out of his last fight was from training with Jake.

Wrong, Shields would never get a point on Terrell, the only way he would win in a grappling match would be through advantage points.

No one has scored a point against Terrell in a grappling match and I doubt Shields would be able to either.

so how is he going to get this advantage you speak of? would terrell pull guard?

if he did, would it be to avoid being taken down?

if he won on advantages from near take downs is would still be his wrestling that won him the fight.

i wasn;t saying it would happen, just that it could if they were similar sizes. Sheilds has under rated wrestling, not to take anything away from DT's awesome skills and record.

Back