Better case for Bellator GOAT? Patricio Pitbull or Douglas Lima?

EJRMAN513

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'd say these two are handily the best fighters Bellator has ever had to offer/produce with Chandler being third but definitely a step behind these two. Discuss

If that performance by Lima puts him in GOAT talk then

<36>

Its still Patricio.

Douglas Lima would have to go up a division and beat the MW champ Lovato to have the 2-Division Champ feat. Lima would also need 5 title defenses to catch up to Patricio. Lima only has one (a fact I learned today). It would be tough to go 5 defenses in Bellator's WW class, but definitely possible for Lima.

Patricio and Chandler are clearly 1 and 2. Lima is solidly #3 now tho.

Patricio is by far #1 its not even close. Lima has absolutely 0 argument against him

18-4 in Bellator

wins over

Reisx2
Georgi
Strausx4
Curran
Nunes
Wilcox
Weichelx2
Sanchez
Archuleta
Chandler

only losses

SD to Warren - a horrible robbery, one of the worst decisions of the decade
Curran

SD to Curran - a very close, competitive 3-2 loss. One of the best fights of 2013. Patricio would avenge it decisively

UD to Straus - reasonably close loss. Clear win for Straus but i mean he beat him 4 other times including 2 finishes and Straus was one of the better FWs in the world then

leg injury to Benson - moving up to LW, was easily winning before it

Patricio is a fringe top 5 FW of alltime and he moved up and stopped Michael Chandler a top 10 LW and one of the best of the recent era, in a minute. His body of work just shits on Lima. Its not really debatable

the wins over Curran, Straus, Weichel, Sanchez and Chandler along are better than Limas whole resume.

he has

Saunderx2
Hawn
Baker
Daley
Koreshkovx2
Larkin
MVP
MacDonald

3 decisive losses. He was hurt against Koreshkov but still took the fight. Askren dominated him 5-0. Patricio has never been dominated like that. MacDonald took a close but clear decision and this is a MacDonald thats a bit faded from his best. He got him back in a clinic tonight tho. But overall its just not up to par.......Before the Daley win in 2016 Limas best wins by far were against Saunders. Limas picked up serious steam from that win up to now on his resume but he still has a ways to go in order to match Pitbull

Last edited:
I like Lima, but Patricio is a different kind of animal. Patricio made a name for himself and doesn't even need UFC to solidify it. Not saying he is the MMA GOAT or anything, but he is the Bellator GOAT. Fighting in UFC right now would only be a "plus" for his incredible career. The "everything outside UFC is trash" line of thinking is just stupid.

That being said, Lima isn't quite there yet.

I think Eddie has a case for it, being a two time champion and then going on to legitimise Bellator somewhat by winning the UFC strap.

Both are the real talent in Bellator! They better be paid more than the Frank Mir's, Country, Rampaige etc.

It's clearly Patricio. He is the epitome of a well-rounded fighter. When you consider that he could probably suck down and make BW if he wanted to, yet holds the FW and LW belts, it's pretty damned impressive. I would actually see him being able to go over to the UFC and challenging for the belt whereas I don't feel the same about Lima yet.

Pitbull is Bellator GOAT followed by Lima.

Indeed Pitbull is the best fighter of his roster :
It can be explained because of his good footwork that make him extremely hard to hit, excellent boxing (ability to counter punch), great conditioning (never tired), and an impeccable takedown defense.

I would say Alvarez, but I don’t look at him as specifically a Bellator guy. He was already a well known fighter who’d taken out big names and won belts before his Bellator run. Then again most people know him because of his time spent at Bellator so, I would definitely say him. Not only best of Bellator but he makes a short list of best MMA fighters period.

Of the two, Patricio and Lima, lol it is quite clearly Patricio. Patricio is quite frankly the single most overlooked fighter in MMA. HE’s got just about everything that makes a great fighter, but just doesn’t have any marketing behind him. Lima on the other hand is highly overrated.

Pitbull imo. Douglas has been great but Pitbull has been dominant pretty much his whole Bellator career. Maybe Lima’s division has been tougher because Pitbull’s never fought anyone like Larkin Askren or Rory in his division. But he does have the KO over Chandler and has cleaned out 145 numerous times.

Patricio is the Bellator GOAT. He avenged that Daniel Straus loss 3 TIMES, and those losses to Benson and Warren were whatever. He looked like the better fighter.

Patricio is a two division champ and has defended his 145 title five times in total.

Lima is a one division champ and has one title defence. He was also dominated by Askren and Koreshkov.

Lima is a great fighter, but Patricio has done more.

Pitbull now but Lima has more opportunity to pass him up, especially if he takes the MW belt in his fight against Moose in dominating fashion.

Keep your eye on :
Yaroslav Amosov (24-0) & Logan Storley (11-0)

They may be the top-tiers of tomorrow. We shall see.

Keep your eye on :
Yaroslav Amosov (24-0) & Logan Storley (11-0)

They may be the top-tiers of tomorrow. We shall see.
I would like to see those 2 fight or fight someone near the top of the division. I saw Paul Daley asking for a title fight against MVP. Dude must think Amasov doesn’t exist.

Back