Better Arm-Bar artist than Aoki ?

dave is a judoka also, lol.

regardless i think it's safe to say most high level serious competitors aren't going to risk losing a match by letting go the second someone taps. it's really on the ref.

Dave Camarillo did Judo?

Dave Camarillo did Judo?

i'm pretty sure you're joking, but just in case you're not. yes, dave is famous for his unique style that combines judo and jiu-jitsu beautifully. in fact to quote bj penn, "dave is the best in the world at combining judo and bjj"

Yes it was a joke..... Thats why I included daves name in my post. High level BJJ players who were Judokas.

theres alot of fighters out there better than Aoki at armbars.

E1 i guess i had a brain fart when writing it i did mean coleman but the key on randelman was sick too

I'd say Marcus Aurelio's armbar in 16 seconds at UFC 13 was an impressive showing from a Black Belt in BJJ

^^^^
Hm......good point.

But is there such a grappling etiquette in MMA ? I saw him breaking some guys arm standing, and it wasn't even during a sub attempt it seems.

Aoki does that move to set up his takedowns. I think it's called waki gatame. In his instructional he said he didn't mean to put that much pressure on it, and it was just to set up a take down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back