"Betch" Correira

Don't blame Anik or Florian if it's wrong. That falls on Correira.

Both Anik and Florian go to the fighters, ask them for their names, record THEM saying their names, say it back to them for confirmation and then go off of that. Jon Anik has discussed this before. Chances are he's got the right pronunciation given that it's coming from the fighters themselves.

lol, it's not that easy, dude. Does Anik even portuguese? If he doesn't, it's hard to pronunciate words exactly like native speakers do. Do you really think I will sound like a genuine german if somebody asks me to say "Bastian Schweinsteiger"?

Also, why all the bickering about... that?

I hear a lot of mentions of dat booty but no mentions of dat face

lol, it's not that easy, dude. Does Anik even portuguese? If he doesn't, it's hard to pronunciate words exactly like native speakers do. Do you really think I will sound like a genuine german if somebody asks me to say "Bastian Schweinsteiger"?

Also, why all the bickering about... that?

Kenny Florian is fluent in Portuguese and does the same thing. Like I said, if they were off, someone (a manager or someone from their team or the fighter his or herself) would've corrected them.

It's not like Mike Goldberg just guessing names (Luiz Cane); these guys actually do a bit of research.

I hear a lot of mentions of dat booty but no mentions of dat face

bethe-correia-03.jpg

She's a cutie :3

Seriously where does Anik come up with this shit ? and why does Florian just roll with it ? I thought Florian knows Portuguese he should know better

Fucking Paul Yaris

That is how you pronounce it.

I still laugh when Goldy and Rogan called Cain "Cayenne" during his first UFC bout

Back