Best Wu Tang Clan tracks

I like Method Mans verse on this one.. when he’s on he’s amongst the best of the bunch. I’ll probably catch flak for that but I don’t care, ive heard so much shit from Wu-Tang over the years (unreleased stuff, free styles that were recorded from radio spots) where he just outshines all the others.

I guess that’s my hot take for the day.
He is the most consistent, always good. He also has a perfect timber which many do not discuss. Some guys are great lyrically, but just do not have a true MCs voice. Meth has both lyrics and sound. He is also responsible for many of the hooks and choruses.

He is the most consistent, always good. He also has a perfect timber which many do not discuss. Some guys are great lyrically, but just do not have a true MCs voice. Meth has both lyrics and sound. He is also responsible for many of the hooks and choruses.

Yeah it’s just funny to me because if you mention you like Method around certain fans they scoff and claim he’s ‘the weakest MC in the group’ but I’ve never bought into that.

Yeah it’s just funny to me because if you mention you like Method around certain fans they scoff and claim he’s ‘the weakest MC in the group’ but I’ve never bought into that.
I'm definitely guilty of that
this will probably date me. but I as deepest into hip hop when wu had already leaked and they were beginning to make a resurgance and ODB had just gotten of out prison and was just rocketing downwards.

the first wu song that hooked me was method man from 36. But the older back packers types shit on me and I took that feeling with me going forward. they were salavating over masta killa and ugod releasing shit.

I have thought about it a lot I think what worked for and against him was he went against the grain. he took himself the least seriously of all the clan. him and red were fun party guys making movies and doing comedy type raps. compare that ghost and rae where everything they work on is like goodfellas/ God father style. also one of meth's biggest hits off his first album is a legit love song. he was too well rounded for the edge Lords .

Meth has the most consistency and highest base line. but lyrically I would put GZA, Ghost, Rae, Deck all above him with an asterix because they need prep time.

Back