Best Werewolf or Creature feature movie?

It may have just been my emo phase in life at the time..... but I remember Ginger Snaps being a pretty good flick at the time.

It was, good teen, coming of age, werewolf, 'changes', discovery and 'awakening' in more ways then one.

It ages do, the older you get you stop relating to the slutty, sexy and misunderstood, gothic teen.

When the last bit of his humanity rips apart and the fly face comes through, I still say is the best movie effect I’ve ever seen. It’s so disturbing and yet amazing at the same time

Very possibly, but I'd argue heavily in favor of John Carpenter's The Thing when it comes to horrifying creature effects, especially practical as opposed to CGI.

Visually, it’s insanely gorgeous and my only real gripe with the movie is it’s too long. Love the actual events it’s based on too, pretty scary shit.

Yeah, very cool and fit perfectly with the cinematic age when it came out. It actually prompted my brother to take one less trip to Italy one year to go to France. He and his wife have no kids, lots of money, and summers off. Go to Italy next week, Iceland next month

Very possibly, but I'd argue heavily in favor of John Carpenter's The Thing when it comes to horrifying creature effects, especially practical as opposed to CGI.

The Thing is my choice for the best monster movie ever, those effects and mood, setting, score etc it's perfect.

My number 2 is Tremors just love that movie.

Maybe you can have a case for the first 3 Alien movies they can be serious contenders too. First 2 Predators too.

Other more 'modern' well in the 2000's at least Pitch Black, The Mist, The Cabin in the Woods, The Faculty wasn't bad either.

It was, good teen, coming of age, werewolf, 'changes', discovery and 'awakening' in more ways then one.

It ages do, the older you get you stop relating to the slutty, sexy and misunderstood, gothic teen.
I guarantee you are right there. I think it was right place right time for me back then.

Cinemax has The Shape of Water and that one actress shows boobs, buns, beaver.

I know its CGI so it shouldn’t count.
But
Prime Angelina melting in gold WITH a tail!!!
Is awesome.
02B0CBE4-236C-4457-8843-0EF6A8171B44.jpeg

Also they made Ray Winstone look like à sherdogger.
Thats an achievement!!!

A few really underrated gems are the Breed, Ginger Snaps and Dark Water.

The rouge was a decent crocodile movie thought is was better than lake placid and the 80s flick alligator but not a patch on jaws which is the greatest monster movie in my opinion .also the relic with Tom Sizemore was underrated

Wow that looks pretty awesome..

Love the re-release seen.

You gotta love that monster rape scene.. Its fucking great.

Omg editor was Mark Goldblatt, he directed one of my fav b movies Dead Heat.. He also was editor for a massive list of awesome movies like The Terminator, Commando, The Howling, Rambo 2 check out his resume hes a fucking action editing stud of the first degree.
Absolutely. Third party distributors like Vinegar Syndrome (my current favorite), Shout Factory, Arrow, Severin, Blue Underground, etc are killing it right now. they’re breathing new life into a ton of cult classics & obscure gems by really dedicating themselves to the restorations & special features. it must be an absurd amount of work just to get some of these releases out to the public.

Dagon, Ginger snaps trilogy, the Host, waxwork 1, any hammerfilm wolfman, silver bullet, Gojira monster island.

Back