Tech Best video game soundtracks? (original soundtrack)

The only 16-Bit Soundtrack that could be described as 'Heavy Metal As Fuck.'

Assassins Creed Origins

2nd track in this video still haunts me... The composer (Sarah Scachner, whose work I have deep respect for) really understood the essence of Bayek's quest, and no matter how far he traveled or what he accomplished, he will always be haunted and carry a sense of emptiness inside.

The whole soundtrack is top notch.

Special shout out to Playground Games for bringing Drum and Bass to the mainstream with an excellent racing series. If you aren't listening to Hospital Records station while playing Forza Horizon, you aren't doing it right.

I actually saw Fred V perform Friday night in NYC. It was dope AF

FFVII & X. Probably some other like IX from what I've heard of the tracks (haven't played/finished).
Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal. Goddamn soundtracks are PEDs. I have to shave after I listen to them.

Reactions: HHJ
Doom has been posted a bunch but found a great supercut of all the best tunes and chugga chugs to some nasty gameplay.

Also for something different

Great overall synthwave OST. Suits the game well.

Last edited:
Doom has been posted a bunch but found a great supercut of all the best tunes and chugga chugs to some nasty gameplay.

Also for something different

Great overall synthwave OST. Suits the game well.

Doom Eternal is just nasty. Skull pulverizing defender of the Devil music.

Oddly relaxing music for an online FPS but it just works. All these years later still.

I know the original Streets of Rage has already been mentioned but I think the second game had better music.

Also, Gleylancer on the Megadrive had some pretty good music.

This is another one from my childhood. Lotus Turbo Challenge 2 on the Amiga.

Recently started playing this for the first time,

Nobuo battle theme is outrageous

I know the original Streets of Rage has already been mentioned but I think the second game had better music.

Also, Gleylancer on the Megadrive had some pretty good music.

This is another one from my childhood. Lotus Turbo Challenge 2 on the Amiga.

Greylancer!

Playing through the pixel remaster and they did an amazing job on these old ass gorgeous songs. Uematsu was involved with the remixing too.

Reactions: Oku
Back