Best UFC Adapted strikers

Enigma87

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
There is always arguments of who the true elite strikers are. It seems like people always think the best strikers in UFC are always ones that have extensive training in other forms of martial arts. When people ask who the best strikers in the UFC are, they usually name Someone with K1 credentials or someone that has good enough TD defense to showcase their striking.

So in your opinion, who in the UFC and MMA have the best overall striking? No excuses like "He has the best striking but is too worried about takedowns to show it..." Who are the best strikers in MMA that showcases their striking skills even with the threats of takedowns, clinching, etc.

Yeah right after I made that I realized this was going to be everyones answer. Any more examples though? Less known examples maybe

Anderson Silva
Jose Aldo
Douglas Lima
Andrey Koreshkov

Cung Le is pretty impressive in that regard.

It sucks that guys like Steve Cantwell, who has unbelievable striking (Ppl that have seen him other than his UFC fights probably know) was never able to put it together in the octagon

Anderson Silva
Jose Aldo
Alistair Overeem

these three are a level ahead of anyone else in the Ufc.

Colton Smith has got to be up there... is that his name?

Good topic TS. Wonderboy is ridiculous at striking but he has alot of kickboxing bouts. Caceres has developed some good striking, Jorge Masvidal, Koreshkov and Manuwa.

Good topic TS. Wonderboy is ridiculous at striking but he has alot of kickboxing bouts. Caceres has developed some good striking, Jorge Masvidal, Koreshkov and Manuwa.

Wonderboy is a great example. Even with being very limited on the ground and Matt Brown shooting for constant takedowns, he still inflicted a lot of damage and easily won that second round.

Im excited for Manuwa vs Diabate. I want to see Manuwa stand with someone that can strike back.

Manhoef is nasty.
Overeem
A. Silva
Aldo

Guys like Don Frye and El Guapo, and Ruas were good back in the day

Oh, and how could I forget Igor Vovchanchyn

A lot of ppl say Mark Hunt. He has adapted his striking well (and has been on a tear lately) but he's one of the ones I would think didn't adapt that well. It seems like he will get beaten by most hw's that have good TD offense. He has been taken down and submitted in like half of his fights

People need to watch for Cosmo Alexandre.. If his TDD holds up, he'll be one hell of a striker for MMA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back