Best training facility in So Cal Area?

Legendnutz

White Belt
Reaction score
What gym is best for brazilian jiu jitsu NO GI and Stand up, kickboxing/muay thai?

I'm not sure if you realize this but So. Cal is a huge geographic area. It encompasses LA, Orange County, San Diego, the inland empire, etc... You need to be more specific.

There is a guy named Herb in Rancho Cucamonga, California (outside of Los Angeles), whose home garage is outfitted beautifully with mats, mirrors, Brazilian flags, posters of fighters, samurai swords, etc. That's where I'd go to train in Southern California if I was you.

la boxing costa mesa they have it all good people big brotherhood which is good

There is a guy named Herb in Rancho Cucamonga, California (outside of Los Angeles), whose home garage is outfitted beautifully with mats, mirrors, Brazilian flags, posters of fighters, samurai swords, etc. That's where I'd go to train in Southern California if I was you.

I can vouch for this. Herb is awesome. He's got a great grip.

Ahh... Herb! I almost forgot about him. Not only is his home garage beautiful, but he offers a free car wash with every private lesson booked. He's probably the best bang for your buck.

I posted this here a few weeks ago, it's mostly BJJ places but I threw in some MMA gyms.

Well, just gonna throw it out in the beginning that there's a Gracie Barra in almost every city in SoCal.

I'm in SD so around here there's Rodrigo Medeiros, Roy Harris, Saulo and Xande Ribeiro, Fabio Santos, I think Baret Yoshida is here too, Carlos Valente, there's Brandon Vera's gym I believe is called Alliance Training Center, the Throwdown gym (I think Dean Lister is there but I'm not sure), Team Quest is in Temecula.

In Orange County, there's No Limits, Tinguinha, OC Kickboxing, Erik Paulson teaches CSW there I believe, Ralph Gracie.

In Los Angeles, there's the Machados, Gracie Academy, Rickson, Legends, Eddie Bravo, Gokor, BTT.

Farther up north is AKA, Fairtex, Cesar Gracie.

And just so you know, I just pulled up all these gyms from a few Sherdog searches. I only really mentioned the big names, too, there are a lot more lesser known gyms in the area.

Didn't he train with Sensei Al and BMA Mat?

my old gym, Millennia Jujitsu has an 8,000 square foot facility, with a cage, ring, bags, wo grappling mats and weights. plus instruction around the clock. check it out

not to thread jack but i really need help finding a place to train in or around torrance/gardena/long beach area. Im looking for a place that doesnt just offer bjj but mma and or muay thai as well.

so far the only thing i've seen is BTT and gracie torrance but they dont really offer a lot of different types of classes imo

not to thread jack but i really need help finding a place to train in or around torrance/gardena/long beach area. Im looking for a place that doesnt just offer bjj but mma and or muay thai as well.

so far the only thing i've seen is BTT and gracie torrance but they dont really offer a lot of different types of classes imo

i used to live in torrance and theres this BJJ guy LOTS of my friends went to named caique(kay-e-ki). Just off the 110 on figueroa in harbor city, almost @ the 405. Supposed to be a great guy but i think its bjj only and kinda pricey. My good friend left gracie for this place, no regrets. heres the link:

Caique Jiu Jitsu and Self Defense Academy ::

EDIT: sorry just caugght the muay thai part i think CJJ is only jiu jitsu. my bad brah.

Yeah I heard no limits is an insanely good area with TONS AND TONS of space. It's where Rampage was I believe.

CSW - Erik Paulson's place.
Do yourself a favor and go there. At least check out the vids at ErikPaulson.com.
You will learn it all. Not just grappling.

Plus Erik teaches.
Josh Barnett is an instructor there also.

$150 unlimited

i used to live in torrance and theres this BJJ guy LOTS of my friends went to named caique(kay-e-ki).
kay-ee-ki (as in "key") or ki-ee-kay? I always thought it was ki (as in kite)-ee-kay (as in okay) with the emphasis on the "ee". ki-EE-kay?

Either way he's awesome and pretty good buds with my instructor I think. He holds the South Bay Open every year. In which *ahem* I took gold last year.

Back