Best Thai pads for punching?

Flinteh

White Belt
Reaction score
I was looking into buying a new set of thai pads, but as im short on money i can't buy a separate focus mitts and thai pads. So i was wondering what would be the best brand of thai pads that have a good balance of punching versatility/ kicking.

Thanks

I was looking into buying a new set of thai pads, but as im short on money i can't buy a separate focus mitts and thai pads. So i was wondering what would be the best brand of thai pads that have a good balance of punching versatility/ kicking.

Thanks

Thanks

ummm...well...you can kick AND punch any thai pad. i guess maybe the only thing to consider if you are going to do just straight boxing drills more often is the size of the thai pad for the sake of the holders arms. a smaller pad may be better to hold up high for longer periods of time.

like these Windy Mini-Thai Pads-Combatsports.com

or these Combat Sports Micro Thai Pads-Combatsports.com

personally i'd just go with a regular size thai pad cuz i don't find them that heavy, but its your preference. friends have gotten the micro/mini thai pads and now they never use them. kinda pointless really. just get a regular pair and get the punch mitts when you can afford them. i use standard sized twins by the way.

Boon small single strap Thai pads are great for catching fast punch and kick combos.

ive heard many great things of boon. ryukyu damashi can you give me a link to the pads youre talking about?

Boon small single strap Thai pads are great for catching fast punch and kick combos.

but where can you find these other than going to thailand. i've looked at all my usual boon suppliers and they don't carry them.

I would call the US Boon supplier and see if they can get them for you.

Focus mitts can be inexpensive, I bought mine from Dicks sporting goods for like 25 or 30 bucks.

check RING TO CAGE Training Pads training pads collection, I am sure you will find one you are looking for.. and contact them if you got any question

the RTC Muay Thai pads are very very nice. A little on the small size, but these things are quality! They might take a little longer to break in though since the padding is on the hard side

I own a pair of the small KPLC fairtex pads and they are just awsome for fast kicks and punch combos. They are also very small, light and are easy to carry in smaller carry bags.

Back