Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Sea Bass

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Dover Sole

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 33 30.8%

• Total voters
Walleye, Sea bass or Tuna from that list.

Halibut is probably my favorite

The best fish I've had was the Patagonian Toothfish. It was so meaty and fatty I almost thought it was pork but I was in a restaurant where they only served fish. I asked the guy and he said it was Patagonian Toothfish.

Shell fish doesn't count. I love fish I know there's a ton of options I just listed my 5 favorites. Even though there's clearly more high priced options I listed I haven't ever found anything Ilike better than proper cooked Walleye . For sushi it tuna is by far the best although the good stuff is pretty pricey. So which fish would you wish as your dish ?
Favorite is salmon belly and tuna belly. Does eel count? That one too.

7OI6SD9.jpeg

Fried perch with chanterelles, horseradish, boiled potatoes and browned butter.

It's probably the best fish dish I've ever eaten.

Salmon from the list but Flathead and Barramundi are both excellent too.

battered smoked cod
this is actually delicious though
20070704__20070705_A2_ND05GEEKBRIEFp1.jpg

main-qimg-be686f11149d27b97abc0b2c6b567706-lq

Salmon if I want a "fishy" type fish
Walleye for a very light tasting fresh fish

Salt water fish beat freshwater. I have access to the really fresh stuff because I’m a fisherman.

Black Sea bass is amazing. Red snapper is really good ( many fish in the grouper and snapper family are great for that matter) Wild caught salmon or trout is delicious.

Tautog is really good and so are bonito and Spanish mackerel.

A lot of the taste experience depends on where you get the fish from and how fresh they are. Some fish don’t freeze well. Some if you don’t eat within a day or two they start to taste bad. (For example certain fish like skates and other rays excrete their urates through their skin so they don’t stay good long)

Many of the fish you get from the supermarket are old and have been frozen multiple times. If the fish is gutted and bled immediately, then thrown on ice and eaten that day it makes a world of difference.

There’s so many fish to choose from because the vast majority are edible.

For freshwater I’ve and kept wipers, walleye, pike, perch, and crappie. Wipers and pike were actually pretty good.

I’ve heard northern and bullseye snakehead are elite freshwater table fare. Never kept any northerns though because the water they stay in here is nasty.
Snakehead is absolutely amazing. My favorite freshwater fish. And they are everywhere on the Potomac. Different texture than most would be used to. Almost a softer shrimp like.

Salmon/steelhead, filet o fish

Snakehead is absolutely amazing. My favorite freshwater fish. And they are everywhere on the Potomac. Different texture than most would be used to. Almost a softer shrimp like.
I just saw a Yahoo front page article saying to kill Snakehead on sight because they survive on the road outside of water and eat fooking everything, grow to 3 ft long.

River trout pan fried on a campfire.

Tilapia in garlic butter.

East coast flounder with lemon and capers.

Grilled wild salmon.

Back