Best Sparring and Bag Gloves Period?

Rambo Jesus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So I want to know what you guys think are the best sparring gloves and bag gloves, period, and why? In addition, what do you think the best (Value) gloves would be? I ask this as I'm eeking ever closer to a professional fight contract after having been competing in amateur competitions since I was 16 years old. (kickboxing) but now (MMA)

The best glove I've used so far were TITLE Platinum Paramounts, and I would still have them but a defect in the thumb padding caused me to break my thumb during sparring so I returned them for a refund rather than an exchange because I was out for a little awhile.

TITLE PLATINUM PARAMOUNT BAG / SPARRING GLOVES

These are my current gloves

CSI- Safety LOC training gloves

Combat Sports Safety Loc Training Gloves - MMAWarehouse.com - MMA Gear, MMA Clothing, MMA Shorts, MMA Gloves, MMA Shirts and more!

The best gloves period are obviously the Winning gloves but they're also the most expensive gloves out there.

The best value for sparring gloves are probably the Rival RS2V and the Ringside IMF Tech gloves. Besides the Winnings those are some of my favorite sparring gloves. They are about 100 bucks but in my opinion among the best when it comes to sparring, they offer excellent protection.

As for the bag gloves I like the Rival d30 RB 10 gloves, and the Hayabusa 10 or 16 oz gloves.

Gonzaginator, didn't you have the Top Ten's too? How do you rank them? I have a couple pairs and I think they're pretty nice, although the thumb placement takes getting use to.

The best gloves period are obviously the Winning gloves but they're also the most expensive gloves out there.

The best value for sparring gloves are probably the Rival RS2V and the Ringside IMF Tech gloves. Besides the Winnings those are some of my favorite sparring gloves. They are about 100 bucks but in my opinion among the best when it comes to sparring, they offer excellent protection.

As for the bag gloves I like the Rival d30 RB 10 gloves, and the Hayabusa 10 or 16 oz gloves.

Gonzaginator, didn't you have the Top Ten's too? How do you rank them? I have a couple pairs and I think they're pretty nice, although the thumb placement takes getting use to.
Actually I sold my pair but they are really great for sparring, forgot about those. I had the 16 oz version and I didn't like the area around the finger tips, it was just a loose piece of leather, no padding, you basically pulled the leather down with your fingers to your palm to make a fist, the rest of the glove didn't move (padding etc). I hated that. But Top Ten only did that with the 16 oz version I believe. The 10-14 oz versions didn't have that. Outside of that I felt that the quality wasn't exactly the best, and the fit also wasn't great (the 16 oz version, the smaller/lighter ones felt more comfortable). For sparring it's a great glove though.

Best Sparring Gloves: Winning MS-600, Grant training gloves, Cleto Reyes training gloves, Ringside IMF tech

Best Bag Gloves: Winning MS-600, Grant Super Bag Gloves, Reyes training gloves or Safe-Tec fight gloves, Ringside IMF tech.

Most underrated product on the market: Winning NG-2 knuckle guards. Add a pair of these to any of the above gloves.

Prob quality control issues. I had a pair of the 16s, the left glove had the same issue, loose leather around the fingertips so you couldn't get the padding to move just like you described. The right glove was perfectly fine. Exchanged them and they've been great. Gloves are so hit or miss, unless you spend the big bucks. Sometimes I'm tempted to order 2 pairs just to get 1 good set and return the other.

Actually I sold my pair but they are really great for sparring, forgot about those. I had the 16 oz version and I didn't like the area around the finger tips, it was just a loose piece of leather, no padding, you basically pulled the leather down with your fingers to your palm to make a fist, the rest of the glove didn't move (padding etc). I hated that. But Top Ten only did that with the 16 oz version I believe. The 10-14 oz versions didn't have that. Outside of that I felt that the quality wasn't exactly the best, and the fit also wasn't great (the 16 oz version, the smaller/lighter ones felt more comfortable). For sparring it's a great glove though.

Prob quality control issues. I had a pair of the 16s, the left glove had the same issue, loose leather around the fingertips so you couldn't get the padding to move just like you described. The right glove was perfectly fine. Exchanged them and they've been great. Gloves are so hit or miss, unless you spend the big bucks. Sometimes I'm tempted to order 2 pairs just to get 1 good set and return the other.
I probably should have exchanged them I guess, but I thought that's just the way they did the 16 oz version. If that hadn't been (the leather part I explained) I would have kept them.

For sparring I use my Winning MS-600, Casanova 16 oz lace-ups and Shevlin gloves. I would also recommend the Ringside IMF and the R2C version of the IMF tech gloves are also great.
Bag gloves I use a pair of 12 oz Twins that have lasted going on 3 yrs with only some of the paint coming off, I would also recommend the Windy bag gloves I recently bought off of CSI. They were like 20 dollars and are great for the price, I would have paid the full price for them but luckily I got them on sale lol.

for sparring: r2c mim and combat corner pinnacle get my vote

just bought some rival pmf's anyone have good or bad exp with those?

youre going to get a lot of different answers and winnings as top dog lol

Back