Best song ever.

this really is the best song

but I really wat this to be the best song:

Last edited:
You tricked me into watching that.I wont watch the others now.

You lost my subscription,goodbye.

Sarcasm is pretty boring to me at this point, so I'll just reply as though the intent of the thread is genuine. And I feel like a rambling anyway.

Of the thousands of songs I've heard of whatever genres over my life, this is the best song I've ever heard. I don't even like this genre or this band. The singing isn't even ideal by any stretch, but the overall effect of the song is above anything else, at least for me.

I'm not even sure what the 2nd best is. "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls and "Bittersweet Symphony" by the Verve are both incredibly powerful to hear, but they make me a bit uncomfortable to hear, and Bittersweet Symphony uses a riff from the Beatles, so it has to take a hit as a creative achievement.

I've also probably listened to "Maybe Tomorrow" by the Stereophonics several thousand times.

Or I guess you could judge by the "technical perfection" of the song as well. I'm pretty OCD-ish about music, and I'll listen to certain parts of songs repeatedly through twitch-rewinding, and things that strike me as "incorrect" or "off" about the song itself (I'm not sure what I mean by that as I'm not a music student by any stretch) can bother me a lot, like a pebble in your shoe. Coldplay (I think that's their name, the ones who did "Clocks") drive me nuts for exactly this reason. All their music is like 85% brilliant, but none of it gets the rest of the way there and it's full of things that feel wrong and that screw up my enjoyment of the song.

On the flipside, there are certain songs that have nothing in them at all that strikes me as "incorrect" or "bothersome," which I think is a pretty amazing achievement too. Songs like "Black Velvet" by Alannah Myles and "We Didn't Start The Fire" by Billy Joel, and humorously enough, "Mahna Mahna" as well. Michael Jackson's "Thriller" album I noticed also is full of songs that "feel perfect." Particularly "Human Nature."

Alright, I'll go do other stuff.

Last edited:
Wow that song literally hurt my ears and I had to turn it off.

Back