Best Slam Ever?

vladimirvlad

MMA is my life
@Green
Reaction score
There were many super-brutal slams in the history of this lovely sport. When it comes to the UFC, I definitively vote for Hughes vs Newton.
But in PRIDE FC, my vote goes to Rampage Jackson vs Ricardo Arona. While Arona was busy working on the triangle choke, Rampage lift him up and ended the fight!

Nick Denis, a retired Canadian MMA fighter hit an incredible slam on a smaller circuit that is just insanely fucking brutal.

It probably was the best slam in the sport, at the very least on par with Randleman vs Fedor. Severn vs Macias was also good, but might have been a work. There was Michael Chandler hitting Benson Henderson cleanly with a suplex as well.

This one was also a great slam:

wow, I thought Lungu was a Judoka!
Yeah, Randleman vs Fedor was a brutal one, but Fedor survived and won the fight. Chandler vs Henderson was a great one too. Severn vs Macias there were few slams I think, as Dan was a lot heavier opponent. Hughes vs Newton and Hughes Vs Trigg were epic ones too. I vote for Rampage at Pride because it was a really wild one.

wow, I thought Lungu was a Judoka!
Yeah, Randleman vs Fedor was a brutal one, but Fedor survived and won the fight. Chandler vs Henderson was a great one too. Severn vs Macias there were few slams I think, as Dan was a lot heavier opponent. Hughes vs Newton and Hughes Vs Trigg were epic ones too. I vote for Rampage at Pride because it was a really wild one.
If Lungu came in the sport when he was a lot younger and in better shape (able to at least cut to 265) he would have been a pretty decent HW, he has an interesting skillset.

One of my favourite slam KO's because I was watching live via stream and this is the only time I've seen this happen (although it happened again to Roxanne against an opponent on TUF, but I think she survived) in women's MMA

TotalPoshArthropods-size_restricted.gif

Not even close but this was the similar slam on TUF she suffered
95DVdNe.gif

New Year's Eve, 1997...

The Aman hotel, Tokyo, Japan...

Your mom and I are attending a wedding, she gets a scallop wrapped in bacon lodged in her airway and gives the international sign for "I'm choking".

I come from behind, bear-hug Judy, my love, and start drunkenly Heimliching her as hard as humanly possible. Due to a leak in the ballroom's water feature, I lose my footing and we go ass-over-tea-kettle, effectively German suplexing her through a buffet table.

Long story short, on impact, the scallop shot out of your mom's vallecula like musket fire.

When the dust settles, we realize other than a sore back everything is gravy and we dance the night away.

Best slam ever.

I hope that answers your question, and I hope you finished your homework. Dinner should be ready in about a half-hour or so.

The reaction of the guy that got slammed. Scary

Among the ones I saw on DVD, Rampage vs Arona for the impact. Randleman vs Fedor for the aesthetically pleasing technique where it looked like both his weight and Fedor's weight went down on Fedor.

Seems most of the slams are almost gently placing opponent on the ground.

One of my favourite slam KO's because I was watching live via stream and this is the only time I've seen this happen (although it happened again to Roxanne against an opponent on TUF, but I think she survived) in women's MMA

Not even close but this was the similar slam on TUF she suffered
95DVdNe.gif

Sarah was a beast in SF.
Her striking and footwork was pretty decent.

Another one from the regional circuit:

Wes Sims vs Edwin Allseitz remains the only release powerbomb I've ever seen in MMA, that was crazy. Too bad for the soccer kick that DQ's big Wes at the end, Mark Coleman protested vehemently but alas...

giphy.gif

ps: RIP Mr Allseitz, who passed away in his sleep about 3 years after this fight...

Last edited:
Wes Sims vs Edwin Allseitz remains the only release powerbomb I've ever seen in MMA, that was crazy. Too bad for the soccer kick that DQ's big Wes at the end, Mark Coleman protested vehemently but alas...

giphy.gif

ps: RIP Mr Allseitz, who passed away in his sleep about 3 years after this fight...

Holy smokes how did you find this? I was asking about this fight a few weeks ago. (haven't been able to find the video for years.)

Last edited:

Sarah Kaufman.... I forgot about that.

Tito KO'd Tanner with a slam.

Melendez used to swing guys around who took his back and spike them on their head.

Rampage Igor slam was pretty good too.

Last edited:
Holy smokes how did you find this? I was asking about this fight a few weeks ago. (haven't been able to find the video for years.)
Hi! I found it by pure random luck on another MMA forum, it was also on my list of fights that I had lost, and was looking for for years...
From the very same bucket list, someone finally uploaded Wes Sims vs Kimo Leopoldo (full fight) & Wes Sims vs Daniel Gracie (their first bout) on youtube a couple months ago, that was a couple other good finds that had been hiding from the world for a few years.

My lifelong project "Hammer House Ultimate Compilation" is now almost reaching completion...

edit: I was looking for Yuki Kondo's crazy flying stomp against Daijiro Matsui in Pancrase for the "soccer kick thread", and since I've stumbled upon this gem during my researches, in the slam thread it goes!

Last edited:
Back