Best reasonably priced LS Rashies?

NinjaKilla187

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I am looking for advice on the best reasonably priced long sleeved rash guards. I have been using loose long sleeve running shirts but they get trashed pretty quick and I am thinking about an upgrade.

I could give a shit less about cool guy factor, name brand etc., and just want the best quality for the money as long as it doesn't look completely gay.

Any suggestions?

Define reasonably priced? In the 40 dollar range there is OTM LS rashies, I have one and it has held up very well (2 - 3 times a week for almost a year), other than that you can check out Budovideos for sales. They were selling Kaizen rashies for like 25 dollars not too long ago. You can also go with under armor from walmart if you are wanting to get away really cheap.

Define reasonably priced? In the 40 dollar range there is OTM LS rashies, I have one and it has held up very well (2 - 3 times a week for almost a year), other than that you can check out Budovideos for sales. They were selling Kaizen rashies for like 25 dollars not too long ago. You can also go with under armor from walmart if you are wanting to get away really cheap.

Yeah, less than $40. Under Armor is about the quality of what I have been using and it just doesn't last. The OTM looks pretty good at about $35 and they have one without the stupid party logo. I might go with that.

NinjaKilla: just a heads up, even though I personally have found little difference in toughness between 'real' MMA oriented rashies and plain old under armour type compression stuff...
this mizuno one for sure falls into the UA-type category.
You'll probably be fine with it, it just seems like some people get more mileage than others from that type of rashie.
(and again, I have a Nogi rashie, a Reef surfing rashie, and a handful of UA stuff, and it all works fine for me)

Yeah, less than $40. Under Armor is about the quality of what I have been using and it just doesn't last. The OTM looks pretty good at about $35 and they have one without the stupid party logo. I might go with that.

There are about 4 of them that dont have that logo, the rest of them do, and I am with you about not liking it.

NinjaKilla: just a heads up, even though I personally have found little difference in toughness between 'real' MMA oriented rashies and plain old under armour type compression stuff...
this mizuno one for sure falls into the UA-type category.
You'll probably be fine with it, it just seems like some people get more mileage than others from that type of rashie.
(and again, I have a Nogi rashie, a Reef surfing rashie, and a handful of UA stuff, and it all works fine for me)

This Mizuno Rash Guard that Boomer is selling will last a lot longer than Under Armour and the like. It's thicker and better constructed. My coach has one and he said it is the best and longest lasting rash guard he has ever had.

This Mizuno Rash Guard that Boomer is selling will last a lot longer than Under Armour and the like. It's thicker and better constructed. My coach has one and he said it is the best and longest lasting rash guard he has ever had.

I ordered the Mizuno. Will come back in a couple of weeks and let you guys know what I think.

I ordered the Mizuno. Will come back in a couple of weeks and let you guys know what I think.

Okay, I've got it and I have to say it looks great. Waaaaaaay better than the commercial OTS stuff I have been using like Under Armor. Its about twice as thick and the seam stitching is much stronger, double seams at the waist and wrists and like four rows of stitching on the sides and shoulders. At first glance I am inclined to say it is a much superior product and a great deal besides.

Boomer upgraded shipping for free and sent me an e-mail immediately after ordering. So customer service was excellent.

I will roll in it Saturday and Monday and then give a review on fit and comfort.

I dunno if you have a Ross near you but sometimes I see rash guards by UnderArmour and Nike at Ross for 19.99

I dunno if you have a Ross near you but sometimes I see rash guards by UnderArmour and Nike at Ross for 19.99

Yeah, I was specifically looking for an upgrade from that kind of gear. I find it doesn't hold up well.

I have to say, I did like the underarmor heatgear LS rashie. It will probably fall apart on its own but I wore it underneath a gi and it did its job.

I will also be ordering the Mizuno Rashie from Boomer.

+1 for cagesidemma.com

Okay, I've got it and I have to say it looks great. Waaaaaaay better than the commercial OTS stuff I have been using like Under Armor. Its about twice as thick and the seam stitching is much stronger, double seams at the waist and wrists and like four rows of stitching on the sides and shoulders. At first glance I am inclined to say it is a much superior product and a great deal besides.

Boomer upgraded shipping for free and sent me an e-mail immediately after ordering. So customer service was excellent.

I will roll in it Saturday and Monday and then give a review on fit and comfort.

What's the sizing like for the Mizunos? They look longer than a traditional rashie. I'm skeptical about the sizing on the Cageside website; I'm usually a medium (5'7"/160-165 lbs), but acording to their chart I should get a large, but looking at the length in the pics I'm worried it might come down to my knees :p Unfortunately email inquiries to them have so far gone unanswered :(

evilmonkey-

the sizing chart is a little odd. i'm about 185-190 and 5'10", and it said to order an xl. i got the xl and it fits great, albeit a tad loose on me. try the medium if your frame isnt wide, and you should be fine. boomer is really good about returns too, one of the best i've ordered from.

in terms of length, you WANT the rashguard to be longer than the usual UA type stuff. my UA rashguard rides up after one round of rolling, which is really irritating.

the mizuno rashguard is killer, very thick, and with the mock neck to boot. i have some nike ones that actually hold up very well, they're the nike pro compression long sleeves, with a little longer length on the bottom.

reviews up of a bunch of rashguards and other equipment from me sometime next week.

Thanks retro. I just ordered a medium cause I like my rashguard to have a tight compression fit and I'm guessing the large might be a bit loose on me. Hopefully it doesn't choke me out before I even hit the mats :p
I am looking forward to having a longer one. I also like to wear a rashie when I'm riding my bike and my Atama tends to ride up quite a bit when I bike. It's not so much of a problem when I'm rolling tho as I train probably 90% of the time with a gi. It's more just to prevent gi burn in my armpits and on my neck :icon_chee
I'll post a review when I get a chance to try it out

Back