Best pure boxer in each weight class?

Conor has better and harder punches then Edgar. His footwork and counter-punching is ahead of Edgars. Edgar may have a footsepped advantage but he would be cold-clocked or stopped in a boxing match.

Conor is not a great boxer, he keeps his hands down most of the time. His style is awesome for mma, as he is illusive and comes from all angles with kicks, but I don't see him doing well in pure boxing.

JSD is an awful boxer. No movement, no jab, just an overhand right and uppercut.

Andy is also poor. Good reactions but technically any am fighter would tool him in a boxing match

LMAO JDS with no jab, he could possibly have the most body jabs in all of MMA

What a joke claiming Frankie has better boxing than Mcgregor, it's 100% based around his takedown threat and his punches aren't very effective. And people saying cormier has the best boxing? Rumble is a greater boxer.

HW: Sergei Kharitonov, qualified for the olympics, made it to the final in the russian boxing championships, fantastic boxer
LHW: Gustafsson, in a boxing match he'd finish 90% of the roster
MW: Belfort
WW: Macdonald
LW: Masvidal - really hoping for a RDA-like finish vs. Bendo, despite liking henderson and believing he defeated Frankie in both matches, he never even got hurt.
FW: Mcgregor
BW: TJ Dillashaw
FLW: Mighty Mouse

FFW: Rousey
FBW: Jedrzejczyk

Conor is not a great boxer, he keeps his hands down most of the time. His style is awesome for mma, as he is illusive and comes from all angles with kicks, but I don't see him doing well in pure boxing.

Plenty of video around of him only boxing I bet.

HW: Miocic
LHW: Gustafsson
MW: Mousasi
WW: Lawler/Diaz
LW: Melendez
FW: Aldo/McGregor
BW: Eduardo ?
FLW: Lineker

Plenty of video around of him only boxing I bet.

He could be great for all I know, but he hasn't shown it in the octagon, he's shown great mma skills in there, but not boxing.

Not sure if trolling, he was a national amateur champion in Ireland which has a very good amateur boxing system, his style in mma has nothing to do with his pure boxing abilities.

Hw: jds
lw: jj
mw: weidman
ww: lawler
lw: pettis
Fw:
jtyqq8i.jpg

bw: dillashaw
wbw: holly Holmes or whatever her name is
flyw: doesnt matter

Not sure if trolling, he was a national amateur champion in Ireland which has a very good amateur noxing system, his style in mma has nothing to do with his pure boxing abilities.

Didn't know that.

[YT]wXHZqEBWDQM[/YT]

Conor McGregor entering MMA was a pure boxer with an elite boxing pedigree. You are sorely mistaken. He was a National Boxing Champion as an amateur and even made a few posts and accepted challenges waaay back in the day.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056446232&page=

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84026197&postcount=22

People not getting 'pure boxing' ITT. Cormier would never outbox Gus in a boxing match FFS.

Mirko Cro Cop was a pro boxer. 40 wins 5 losses.

How about Cub? Any nods for him? Frankie didn't seem to want to stand with him...

How about Cub? Any nods for him? Frankie didn't seem to want to stand with him...

He's a little wild and pushes some of his power shots. Great puncher though, think McGregor is more technically sound.

no love for kj noons? pure boxing he's great... also honorable mentions: Linker, nate diaz, mousasi, al iaquinta, hunt vs jds 12 rounds boxing i'd go with hunt (jds is nothing without his hailmary kicks) .

Surprised so many people would pick JDS over Kharitonov, is it because Sergei hasn't come to the UFC?

He's a better boxer than Frankie, but not as good as Aldo or McGregor.

JDS leaves his hands down and gets cracked so many times. Cain is a much better boxer.

Back