• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Performance in UFC history?

Rory - Robbie. Don't know how ya beat that fight

Not UFC but Mirko vs Wanderlei 2 was a masterclass.

Gsp, Jones and Anderson have a bunch that are near perfect

GSP vs Fitch/Trigg/Sherk/Hughes 1 and 2

Anderson vs Franklin 1 and 2/Forrest/Vitor

Jones vs Shogun/Bader/Gus 2

Then there are fights like Cody vs Cruz, TJ vs Barao, Penn vs Hughes/Sherk, Cain vs JDS 2 and 3

Outside the ufc Fedor vs Timmy and his Nog fights. Aldo vs Faber too

Horiguchi was a beast heading into the dj fight but dj made it look ridiculously easy

Bj out struck Sanchez 149-8 , that’s a pretty serious beating

If I could pick 3, I would go with:
1) TJ vs Barao- still blows my mind that he destroyed him, TJ had maybe a 1% chance to win according to my odds, I thought he would offer nothing for him, but yet put in a clinic against a guy who was p4p top 5 and didn't lose a fight for years

2) Conor vs Aldo- 13 seconds to end the most dominant run in that division

3) Machida vs Rashad- Both fighters undefeated at the time, but Machida literally made Rashad look like he never fought a day in his life and this was for the belt as was the prior two mentioned

These two I feel like the performance of their opponent was a massive factor, Forrest totally broke mentally and Shogun gassed very hard by the end of the 1st round, both fights I think ended up with the winner playing with their food quite a bit.

GSP vs Fitch maybe, I don't think Fitch was ever quite as good as his record/ranking personally but still he was totally dominated whilst not looking in bad form at all.

BJ vs Hughes 1.

Anderson vs Franklin 2

Cain vs JDS 2

Shogun also had paper mache for knees, he was nowhere near the same fighter after his THIRD ACL tear in the Machida rematch.

Shogun also had paper mache for knees, he was nowhere near the same fighter after his THIRD ACL tear in the Machida rematch.
Although I think in this fight the biggets factor was just he gassed really badly, same as he did vs Coleman the 2nd time coming off of an ACL op quickly.

The fight was basically Jones holding top position, defending subs and sweeps and landing the odd elbow but when Shogun gets back up late in the 1st its clear he's really badly gassed.

What happens after that I think is really Jones taking along time to put away a badly gassed and then badly beaten up opponent.

Although I think in this fight the biggets factor was just he gassed really badly, same as he did vs Coleman the 2nd time coming off of an ACL op quickly.

The fight was basically Jones holding top position, defending subs and sweeps and landing the odd elbow but when Shogun gets back up late in the 1st its clear he's really badly gassed.

What happens after that I think is really Jones taking along time to put away a badly gassed and then badly beaten up opponent.

I don't think so, he had no mobility from the start and unlike when he returned against Coleman, the knees simply never came back. If anything I think his training options were limited, not as simple to work your cardio with bum knees.

Shogun from that point on was a sloppy, plodding brawler when in the past he was a muay thai striker primarily known for his speed, knees and kicks as opposed to his hands.

It was a miracle that he was even coming back and competing at that level after 3 ACL tears, that's a real, real short list of athletes.

Cody made Dom Cruz look like a scrub. Sucks about the rest of Codys career

Back