Best, Most Padded Sparring glove?

Murlik

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Going to buy 2 pairs. Have read the majority of relevant threads on the subject but I'd like to hear some definitive opinions.

As I will be hitting and getting hit by the same pair of gloves I'd like to focus on getting something that allows you to to spar harder without breaking your partner's nose.

I dont think I can spend more than 150ish per pair right now.

Does anyone have any input on which gloves I should go with?

Last edited:
Top Ten Superfight 3000. Goes for around 100. Or Ringside IMF Tech, also a 100 bucks.

KOfightgear and then you could afford to buy 2 facesavers at the same time and not worry about your nose?

KOfightgear and then you could afford to buy 2 facesavers at the same time and not worry about your nose?

^ Good suggestion. Some other options are:

* FightGear Face Saver Headgear. Regular Price: 129.99 On Sale: $59.99.

FightGear Face Saver Headgear-www.Ringside.com

* Limited Edition IMF Tech Training Gloves. Regular Price: $79.99 On Sale: $39.99.

Limited Edition IMF Tech Training Gloves - Hook & Loop-www.Ringside.com

Total: (Two Pairs of Gloves and Two Face Saver Headgear) $200.00

Or, if you are insistent on really nice gloves,

* Same headgear mentioned above, and

* Rival RS1 High Performance Pro Sparring Gloves, Long Cuff, Lace Ups. $99.99.

RIVAL HIGH PERFORMANCE LACE PRO SPARRING GLOVES - LONG CUFF > Gloves > Title MMA

Total: (Two Pairs of Gloves and Two Face Saver Headgear) $320.00

Or, probably the least feasible option,

* No Headgear.

* Winning MS-600 Gloves, 16oz., Lace Ups. $315.00 per pair includes shipping.

Total: (Two Pairs of Gloves and "No" Headgear) $630.00. Over budget $330.00, and no headgear. :icon_lol:

:icon_chee

Last edited:
if you're gonna get a face saver get something like this

YouTube - Everlast SafeMax Headgear Review at ratethisgear.com.MOV

and not like this

YouTube - Everlast Facesaver Headgear review at ratethisgear.com.MOV

alot of facesaver headgears are like the ones in the second video. straight up horrible.

good brands i can think of off top are reyes steel facesaver, twins steel facesaver, and winnings. the rest are like football helmets. so make sure you get the right one.

for 150 bucks i would get a mexican brand glove... grants, reyes or casanova. dont believe what people say... these gloves are excellent to spar with.

Last edited:
Shevlin can make you incredibly safe, thickly padded gloves custom to your preferences. Any color, any length, any weight. Pillowey soft, wrist padding ribbed cuffs if you want, laces or velcro or elastic closure. Best leather of any gloves I've seen. Right around $85 a pair. Even have them embroider your name into them.

I would also say that the Ringside IMF tEch or the CSI IMF Tech (essentially the same glove) are the best. I have used them for two years, maybe more, and they are great! great padding and protection for both fighters and they are made to last.

Back