Best "Mom and Pop" Restaurant In Your Area?

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Every place has got a locals only mom and pop restaurant that no where else in the world knows about that is a local favorite. I'm from San Jose, California right on the border of a road bump called Milpitas and we have this fish and chips spot called Half Penny which I probably eat at once a week.

They have amazing teriyaki and rice plates which is what I usually get, along with good fresh sushi and if I'm feelin' desert a nice heart attack on a platter with a fried twinkie/oreos with a side of ice cream all slathered in chocolate syrup, lol. They're light and fluffy mozzarella sticks are amazing too.

What are some local restaurants in your area that you can swear by, Sherdog?

Im not far from Milpitas
We got a little hole in the wall Mexican spot called the Mecca that is like the town pride
Its like one of those places you'd see on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives
People come from all over the Bay to eat at this place and they even cater parties for the Raiders, Giants, etc.

Im not far from Milpitas
We got a little hole in the wall Mexican spot called the Mecca that is like the town pride
Its like one of those places you'd see on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives
People come from all over the Bay to eat at this place and they even cater parties for the Raiders, Giants, etc.

Milpitas is a nice area, small and quiet. Never heard of the Mecca, where is it at? I'm going to have to give it a try.

Chicagoland here.. Used to be a prime beef spot named Kyles around the corner from my house I'd eat at when I was younger. Best beefs I've ever had to this day.

They shut down tho after the owner died and his kids didn't want to run the joint.

Back