Best leglock instructional?

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by omoplata, Nov 19, 2005.

1. omoplata

omoplata Yellow Belt

Which one is the best instructional series for lower body locks (footlocks, ankle manipulations, kneebars.... etc). I am thinking of getting Erik Paulson's 3 DVD set for leglocks but I am not sure. A lot of his stuff is just flashy and fancy but doesn't work...

Also, is it forbidden to make posts for exchanging instrucitonal DVDs? I am not making such an offer, just asking...

Omoplata

2. Aesopian

Aesopian Brown Belt

Stephan Kesting's Dynamic Kneebars is great. I use material from it all the time. You can get it here:

http://www.grapplearts.com/Kneebar-Info.htm

Or at Budovideos.com.

If you want to take advantage of the deals you get when ordering several of his tapes, anything else he made is worth it. I have his Grappling Drills, Omoplata and Butterfly/X-guard DVDs, and they are all great. I rewatch them and pick up material all the time.

3. krellik

krellik Gimli son of Cisco

Exchanging shit or peer to peer is a no-subject in here. Makes everybody happy.

Heard good stuff about Erik Paulson and I agree with Aesopian that Stephan Kestings Dynamic Kneebars is the ultimate dvd regarding that submission.

Other than that you should consider Tony Cechines "catch wrestling" series. The 3 dvds that focus on leglocks are -extremely- good.
    Igor Yakimovs "Sambo leglocks" series are also -extremely good-.
    You basicly cant go wrong with any of those 3.

4. Stephan Kesting

Stephan Kesting Green Belt

Thanks for the plugs guys - I worked really hard on that Kneebar DVD and I'm glad to see that it helped some guys out.

Erik's Killer Leg Lock DVDs (available at www.erikpaulson.com) are GREAT!! There IS some flashy stuff on it, but there is so much material that you are guaranteed to find many variations that will work for you.

Stephan Kesting
    www.grapplearts.com

5. omoplata

omoplata Yellow Belt

Thanks Stephan,

I actually have your kneebar ta[e as well as Igor Yakimov's, sorry I should have made that clear (love your kneebar). I am considering Erik's tapes also. Any other suggestions welcome.

As an aside, are you coming to New York anytime soon for a seminar?

Thanks

6. Enforcer

Enforcer White Belt

Erik Paulsons tapes are great. He is the master of leg locks and he certainly has the ring time to know what works or not.

7. EddNg

EddNg Blue Belt

Pretty much all the ones I would have recommended have already been mentioned. only other one is Scott Adams leglock tape. All his wins in MMA have come from leglocks I think so he knows how to apply them under pressure. Its worth checking out IMO

8. Stephan Kesting

Stephan Kesting Green Belt

I haven't seen Yakimov or Scott Adam's tapes, so I can't vouch for or against them.

omoplata - I don't do very many seminars right now - I'm too busy with trying to balance business, training and family commitments. If you end up in Vancouver please send me an email - I'll hook you up with some training and try to get on the mat with you myself

Stephan
    www.grapplearts.com

9. omoplata

omoplata Yellow Belt

I really really appreciate it man, that is very kind of you. Wish we had more athletes like you in these forums and in the sport in general. If I can ever make my way into Vancouver I will definitely let you know...

Omoplata

10. jahred

jahred rarity

i've seen yakimov's, they're a good watch. i think of all the different and complex things on it i most appreciated his take on the basic achilles lock. definitely improved mine.