Best gamepad for PC

Thanks for the info. Do you know if it affects older games too? Like if I download the software to use XBONE controller, will it work on a game released 5 years ago that has 360 controller support?
Should do. Can't say I've tried much though, I really dislike everything about that thing. If you have any examples I can try to fire them up and check for you if I have the game on steam.

Sorry I should have wrote my sentence better. I was saying the Xbox controllers are great and the best overall. For fighting games though I like the Hori fightpad.
Do you have the new hori fighting commander one or the older one with the extended left side grip and rotating d-pad? Been thinking about picking up the new one, since I read a lot of people were having issues with the d-pad on the older one not holding in place after a while.
1828394_0.jpg

Looks pretty nice.

Do you have the new hori fighting commander one or the older one with the extended left side grip and rotating d-pad? Been thinking about picking up the new one, since I read a lot of people were having issues with the d-pad on the older one not holding in place after a while.
1828394_0.jpg

Looks pretty nice.

Is that the new one? I think I must have the older one then. This is mine: http://www.frys.com/product/8430008...Lj6NI2txXgzS2o4Bd5-LuZ19Tx-WLwGNbAaAkyT8P8HAQ

I did read about that Dpad issue but I just hoped for the best at that point. I'll use it for as long as I can and then buy this newer one if I have to. Maybe contact the company and see if I can get some sort of deal from them at least.

Should do. Can't say I've tried much though, I really dislike everything about that thing. If you have any examples I can try to fire them up and check for you if I have the game on steam.

Tomb Raider?

Lol the dpad on the 360 controller was such trash. It was nice when the released the new version you could switch, but they should have just gotten rid of the stupid disk design. No one wants to use it in its disk form, and sometimes in fighting games I would accidentally spin it into the stupid disk

I don't remember anything I hated about the Bone controller, but they really screwed the pooch with it trying to make it proprietary with Windows 10. It still doesn't work with steam links which means I'm not usin it

Tomb Raider?
Sure thing, downloading now. Should be done in 25 or so.

Lol the dpad on the 360 controller was such trash. It was nice when the released the new version you could switch, but they should have just gotten rid of the stupid disk design. No one wants to use it in its disk form, and sometimes in fighting games I would accidentally spin it into the stupid disk

I don't remember anything I hated about the Bone controller, but they really screwed the pooch with it trying to make it proprietary with Windows 10. It still doesn't work with steam links which means I'm not usin it
Only thing I really hate is the feel of the bumpers. Those are just fucking trash.
Everything else just feels like a slightly worse version of the 360 pad except for the d-pad, and even then the d-pad isn't great. And chances are, if I'm playing something that is intended to be played with a d-pad I'd rather play it with a fight stick.

How is the d-pad on the XB1 controller?

I use the 360 controller, but the d-pad is just ok, and the controller is pretty small for my hands.

How is the d-pad on the XB1 controller?

I use the 360 controller, but the d-pad is just ok, and the controller is pretty small for my hands.
It's a lot better than the 360 d-pad, still prefer the wii u pro controller and ds4 ones to it though.
But yeah, big improvement over the 360 one. (default one, never tried the 360 pad with the transforming d-pad, hear that's better too)

I have a corded 360 controller for current gen games and 2 buffalo snes controllers I use for emulators with my son.

Currently using the Xbox one elite controller for my PC, don't give a fuxk about the button mapping and extra paddles, the unit itself just feels so much better in your hand

I've really started to come around to the steam controller. It was OK for some games at first but I would switch back to my 360 for most games like FPS. But now I pretty much use it for everything. Especially Fall Out 4 which seems to work much better with its janky FPS controls.

I've really started to come around to the steam controller. It was OK for some games at first but I would switch back to my 360 for most games like FPS. But now I pretty much use it for everything. Especially Fall Out 4 which seems to work much better with its janky FPS controls.
Do you end up using a lot of popularized custom configurations that have been calibrated by other Steam controller users for specific games?

Do you end up using a lot of popularized custom configurations that have been calibrated by other Steam controller users for specific games?
Not really. Most of the games have developer schemes already but the ones that don't Ive been picking from the presets and then just kinda tweaking a bit.

I havent really played with the motion controls yet since the update but I need to.

I think new controls get a bad wrap because of the learning curve. Gamers don't wanna suck for a bit to get used to new interface.

I mean think about it, do you really think people just so happened to stumble upon the perfect gaming controls 50 years ago while designing business computers. If you look at it objectively its actually kinda stupid that we design these high tech games to be controlled by WASD, a mouse, and hot keys. I'm not saying the Steam controller is better. Just that I really think it could be soon (or something like it) if people were a little more open minded and a little less stubborn. But no, if guys cant pull of headshots on TF2 in 5 minutes then "this thing sucks"

I mean think about it, do you really think people just so happened to stumble upon the perfect gaming controls 50 years ago while designing business computers. If you look at it objectively its actually kinda stupid that we design these high tech games to be controlled by WASD, a mouse, and hot keys. I'm not saying the Steam controller is better. Just that I really think it could be soon (or something like it) if people were a little more open minded and a little less stubborn. But no, if guys cant pull of headshots on TF2 in 5 minutes then "this thing sucks"
I absolutely agree. Every gamer alive was nothing but a two-hour fount of profanities the first time they used the dual joystick controllers after the years of single joystick and D-pad consoles. I still remember the day. I remember not being able to hold the camera straight. I was like some mongoloid infant stumbling around inside a laundromat dryer. It was awful. I hated it. I absolutely hated it.

Now I struggle just to get through levels on Goldeneye when I go retro because I spend half an hour trying to remember how to play on that shit. It's awful. It's so bad. Using the strafe arrow buttons to look up/down? It's like, "Holy shit, are you fucking kidding me? I used to love this??" I even mapped the strafe/camera buttons to the right joystick. Didn't help a bit. It was just a shitty, shitty control scheme. Best at the time.

I use a PS3 controller with Xbox software. No problems at all.

Back