Best gamepad for PC

JAEGERX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Lately i've been using an xbox one controller for some pc games, its the best i've used so far, before i was using generic logitech gamepads and they sucked, whats in your opinion the best gamepad for pc?

I've tried a couple and keep on returning to the Xbox controller.

The Steam Controller is a novel concept but apparently its a really uncomfortable to use (FYI: I didn't get a chance to use one, but I read a ton of reviews online). The highest reviewed controller for the PC is actually the PS4 controller. It's comparable to the Xbox controller in terms of feel and intuitiveness, but it is not automatically supported by all WIndows games (you have to download a special utility to get it working properly)

No complaints about my Xbox 360 controller.

I use the Logitech F310. It caters to both Xbox and Playstation users I think. The price point is great too at around $30.

I use the xbox controller too. Which is fine, I think it's the best controller

I use a wired 360 controller for newer games and this for emulation:

Logitech_940-000064_sd.jpg

Dual Shock 4
No really, if you have Bluetooth then use Dual Shock 4. If not then Xbox 360 or Xbone is alright too. I'm a sucker for wireless capabilities so all of those option are good for me, but i think my Dual Shock 4 is the best.

I prefer my DS4 for most games. Anything that is primarily a d-pad game or an arcade port I tend to prefer to play on stick though. I bought an xbox one controller as soon as they were available in stores and I've maybe used that shit for 2 hours total. Fucking hate it, feels like complete garbage compared to the 360 and ps4 pads.

I go between the 360 pad and the DS4.

Added benefit of the DS4 is being able to use the trackpad as a mouse with DS4Windows, but you really can't go wrong with either.

The Xbox controllers get privileged treatment at the hands of Microsoft. Windows is still a semi-open source philosophy, though, so they accommodate other controllers as secondary citizens.

I use wired Xbox360 controller.

Do you guys know if any XBONE controller will work with PC or does it have to be a wired one? I tried to use my XBONE controller connected to PC via PS4 cord (microUSB i think it's called) but it doesn't work. I recall my wireless 360 controller not working either even when I plugged it in, it had to specifically be the wired only controller.

360 controller works pretty well but I'd like to use the XBONE controller if I can.

I use wired Xbox360 controller.

Do you guys know if any XBONE controller will work with PC or does it have to be a wired one? I tried to use my XBONE controller connected to PC via PS4 cord (microUSB i think it's called) but it doesn't work. I recall my wireless 360 controller not working either even when I plugged it in, it had to specifically be the wired only controller.

360 controller works pretty well but I'd like to use the XBONE controller if I can.
Xbone controller works wired with windows 10 out of the box. For 7 and 8 you need to download and install software for it.
They work wirelessly as well, but they don't connect using bluetooth, so you'll need a wireless receiver just like with the 360 wireless pad.
Good thing now is that the controller gets data over USB, so no need for specific wired controllers, just stick a micro usb cable into the thing and it'll work.
Oh, and there's some bs with xbox one controllers and some unity games, at least on windows 10. The left stick horizontal axis gets mapped to the right trigger for some reason. Makes shit like the Swindle kinda hard to play, controlling how dude walks with the trigger. Not sure if that's an issue on windows 7 and 8 or not.

The Xbox controllers get privileged treatment at the hands of Microsoft. Windows is still a semi-open source philosophy, though, so they accommodate other controllers as secondary citizens.

Yep. Xbox controller is the best for fighting games though I used the hori fight pad for PS4 which also works great on PC.

Yep. Xbox controller is the best for fighting games though I used the hori fight pad for PS4 which also works great on PC.
You crazy. Those dpads aren't up to snuff, especially the 360 one. I tried doing SPDs and 720s on that thing and I wanted to kill myself and everyone else in the room after like 5 minutes.

Xbone controller works wired with windows 10 out of the box. For 7 and 8 you need to download and install software for it.
They work wirelessly as well, but they don't connect using bluetooth, so you'll need a wireless receiver just like with the 360 wireless pad.
Good thing now is that the controller gets data over USB, so no need for specific wired controllers, just stick a micro usb cable into the thing and it'll work.
Oh, and there's some bs with xbox one controllers and some unity games, at least on windows 10. The left stick horizontal axis gets mapped to the right trigger for some reason. Makes shit like the Swindle kinda hard to play, controlling how dude walks with the trigger. Not sure if that's an issue on windows 7 and 8 or not.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if it affects older games too? Like if I download the software to use XBONE controller, will it work on a game released 5 years ago that has 360 controller support?

You crazy. Those dpads aren't up to snuff, especially the 360 one. I tried doing SPDs and 720s on that thing and I wanted to kill myself and everyone else in the room after like 5 minutes.

Sorry I should have wrote my sentence better. I was saying the Xbox controllers are great and the best overall. For fighting games though I like the Hori fightpad.

Back