Best food for energy?

nopardaid

bammed
@Green
Reaction score
I have read many searches and get that I am supposed to eat carbs and protein before a cardio wkout, but about how long before the workout should I do this, and is their a "better" food to eat than say mixed beans, wheat bread and peanut butter?
My workout is 1:45 min long and pretty intense, I have been gassing badly only about 25min into it, ANY SUGGESTIONS are welcome, I also drink Powerade afterward, should I drink it before.
Thanks.

well try and reach that 2 minute mark. i no its difficult , but if a workout is under 1:55 , its not really goin 2 do much 4 u ;P. and yeh , there is a lot of stuff out there that u should eat instead of mixed beans etc etc

parallax86 said:
well try and reach that 2 minute mark. i no its difficult , but if a workout is under 1:55 , its not really goin 2 do much 4 u ;P. and yeh , there is a lot of stuff out there that u should eat instead of mixed beans etc etc

i believe u misunderstood.. 1:45 min. is 1 hour and 45 minutes.. and he gasses 25min. into it

nopardaid said:
I have read many searches and get that I am supposed to eat carbs and protein before a cardio wkout, but about how long before the workout should I do this, and is their a "better" food to eat than say mixed beans, wheat bread and peanut butter?
My workout is 1:45 min long and pretty intense, I have been gassing badly only about 25min into it, ANY SUGGESTIONS are welcome, I also drink Powerade afterward, should I drink it before.
Thanks.

Stay away from meat prior to a hard workout, it will bog you down as it takes longer to break down. Pasta or rice is good about an hour to an hour and a half prior. A banana is good about a half hour out. You can use Honey as a quick boost a few minutes prior to exercise (I did this before a match). This is what I did for wrestling practices which are 2-4 hours long. After the workout is when you want the protien. In fact, chug a protien shake on your way out the door. ESPECIALLY if your working out for that long. If you don't your body will be chowing down on your muscle tissue. good luck

4, 3 and 2 hours out i like to eat some complex carbs like wholemeal bread and/or brown rice with green veggies and some light meat like shaved chicken or turkey, and 15-30 mins out i drink a can or red bull, this way i can go like a machine for 2.5-3.5 hours. Usually i dont need powerade, but if you want sip it during exercise and dont forget the protien drink with sugars afterwards

Oatmeal, Brown rice, granola bar..I loke those about a hour or two before...30 minutes before..something like an orange or a bananna would proabably be better..During the workout I use a water/gatorade mix..sbout 50/50

Thanks, I will start taking in protein afterward as well. I think I am going to try more brown rice, banana's, orange and green's.

Bananas are awesome for energy and very beneficial overall. I get a huge boost from them and they're so damn tasty.

supersudo said:
i believe u misunderstood.. 1:45 min. is 1 hour and 45 minutes.. and he gasses 25min. into it

sarcasm is a bitch sometimes ey

Oatmeal.. Oatmeal Oatmeal.. :)

In the morning make sure you eat your Oatmeal.. it will do wonders for your energy.

Back