• Armour of God

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Good The Bad The HBK

Pitbull Owner
@Gold
Reaction score
Top Gun

p9247_p_v13_ap.jpg

Synopsis: As students at the United States Navy's elite fighter weapons school compete to be best in the class, one daring young pilot learns a few things from a civilian instructor that are not taught in the classroom.

Big Trouble in Little China

big-trouble-in-little-china.jpg

Synopsis: A rough-and-tumble trucker and his side kick face off with an ancient sorcerer in a supernatural battle beneath Chinatown.

Aliens

s-l1600.jpg

Synopsis: Fifty-seven years after surviving an apocalyptic attack aboard her space vessel by merciless space creatures, Officer Ripley awakens from hyper-sleep and tries to warn anyone who will listen about the predators.

Hard to choose between Aliens, Top Gun, and Big Trouble for me. Each hits a different kind of note.

Really hard to pick. I think 1985 might be even harder. I picked Highlander, but really, you can’t go wrong with any of these choices except Golden Child. Not because it it’s a bad movie. It’s great. But because I’m not sure if it’s an action movie.

Whoever picked Cobra, good for you. Great Stallone movie. Pure 80’s awesome.

Hard to go against Big Trouble, but there can be only one.

Aliens or Big Trouble Little China. I am always entertained when either is on. Carpenter thought that Big Trouble Little China would kill it at teh box office due to it doing amazing in test screenings. It flopped, just like The Thing.

Highlander starting to creep up the list.

523b11db809c1a6486fc06daef5e4299e271ba4b.gifv

Highlander won an Oscar... for best movie ever made.

It's tough because they're all different kinds of action. I voted Top Gun because it's Top Gun, but Aliens is damn close.

@The Good The Bad The HBK - Reading your poll gave me goosebumps. 80s = GOAT decade. I'm pretty sure the only one I don't own (and haven't seen) is the Golden Child, but it's on TV so I'll check it out.

Just by looking at the options I knew Aliens was taking this one by a wide margin.

Its got to be on Sherdog's Top 5 GOAT movies.

Just by looking at the options I knew Aliens was taking this one by a wide margin.

Its got to be on Sherdog's Top 5 GOAT movies.

Its good but I think the two Terminator films are better personally and there were a lot of quite similar quality films in that era were as Big Trouble and Highlander are pretty unique, even if the latter spawned a franchise none of them films/shows are actually that similar to the original in style.

I love Aliens...

But Big Trouble....

Back