Results are only viewable after voting.

The Good The Bad The HBK

Pitbull Owner
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is my top 3

Kurt vs Shane is my fav followed by Foley/Taker

Coincidentally they are both in my top 10 favorite WWF matches all time

Oh fuck you....you can't make me chose....

Pretty sure Mankind died Jim...

While Angle/Shane was the better "match", nothing will ever top HIAC for sheer spectacle. We almost watched a man get straight up murdered in the ring. That's hard to top.

Visually, the Mankind match is unparalleled but taking the gimmicks away, the Bret/Perfect match was a clinic. I picked Bret vs. Perfect.

Hart/Perfect - Two GOATs in the ring putting on a clinic....what else can I say....

Taker/Mankind - Set the bar for glorious violence in an HIAC match that will never be topped. I'd put JRs commentary during that match as one of my all time best calls of all time, and it adds to the insanity....

Kurt/Shane - JUST BLEED AF.... when the glass doesn't break....twice...and Shane lands on his skull and neck....

Can't decide....

While Angle/Shane was the better "match", nothing will ever top HIAC for sheer spectacle. We almost watched a man get straight up murdered in the ring. That's hard to top.

It may not have been as flashy, but I honestly feared more for Shane's life and how he landed... Twice...

I heard Vince wanted to stop the match after the first (don't want to say) botched spot because he was legit worried his kid would be FUBAR

It may not have been as flashy, but I honestly feared more for Shane's life and how he landed... Twice...

When you hear the details of it all, those were some dangerous and punishing botches/spots. It didn't look like anything out of the ordinary in real time, though. I wasn't thinking too hard about Shane landing on his head or anything. it just looked awkward, and was a pretty gnarly sequence. It still looked controlled enough though, that I wasn't questioning any life threatening safety concerns. It was just another hardcore match with some crazy spots.

Compared to that second fall Foley took, there's no comparison as far as I'm concerned. It's one of the luckiest spots ever, if not the luckiest. Foley should be paralyzed, if not dead. If his body rotates just a few more degrees, he's landing square on the top of his head. The first fall was at least a bit controlled, but that second one was so bad, and they fluked out big time on not killing a person live on PPV. When Lawler said "That's it, he's dead", that was a shoot. Nothing tops that for me, except for maybe that legitimate attempted murder spot New Jack pulled on Vic Grimes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back