Best fan films?

DanMMAleague

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
What are some of the best fan films of franchises that you’ve seen out there?

The Force Awakens was some decent fan fiction.

was that uncharted one with nathan fillion fan made? what about the thomas jane punisher laundry one?

if those two are fan made, they get my vote

There is a project to get Uncharted, the videogame, turned into a movie.

There is a 10-minute short with Nathan Fillion as Nathan Drake, and it's actually really, really high-quality. Hoping to see a feature-length film come out of it.

MV5BZjg4ZWNlNjYtZDVlMC00MzNiLTlmNjctOWQ5NTU2ZTA1NjUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY0NTAwOTk@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

The Shawshank redemption parody was funny as hell, the prison was the office work place and mimicked the story well

Thomas Jane as Punisher in Laundry Day or whatever, there's also a decent Medieval set one w/ the Predator

Bar none.

If Hollywood did a punisher film like this I'd be all over it.

There is a really good Venom fan film called Truth in Journalism.

I believe this was the first major winner of a fan film contest on either iFilm or AtomFilms. These were the early internet predecessors that ruled prior to YouTube. They were depositories of commercials, short films, and other amateur work that had a difficult time making it to the big screen. I think Lucas somehow got involved (maybe retroactively).

Mostly they were focused as outlets for young budding filmmakers or independent/art filmmakers; people with professional ambitions whether in film, media, or the art world (they didn't fully embrace the anybody-at-home idea). So the fan film contests were a major icebreaker headed down that path.

I've always loved it.

Back