Best Ever on the Mic

My absolute favorite of all time also includes Mean Gene. Prepare for bullshido master Ricky Steamboat:

LOL. My brother and I used to root for Ricky Steamboat - I still remember his feud with Macho Man for the Intercontinental belt. One of them messed up the others throat, so the other one returned the favor in their next match (can't remember who did it first) then they both were doing promos pretending to have a sore throat LMFAO. Apparently Steamboat asked to work as a masked heel but the WWE said they'd only book him as a face.

LOL. My brother and I used to root for Ricky Steamboat - I still remember his feud with Macho Man for the Intercontinental belt. One of them messed up the others throat, so the other one returned the favor in their next match (can't remember who did it first) then they both were doing promos pretending to have a sore throat LMFAO. Apparently Steamboat asked to work as a masked heel but the WWE said they'd only book him as a face.
Before i got into Gotch-ism / Shoot style, Steamboat was my favorite. If the WWF made low budget Ricky Steamboat martial arts films like the ones with El Santo, i would probably collect them, lol

Before i got into Gotch-ism / Shoot style, Steamboat was my favorite. If the WWF made low budget Ricky Steamboat martial arts films like the ones with El Santo, i would probably collect them, lol

I always appreciated the cheesy ethnic "final form" storylines like Steamboat going off to master "traditional asian bullshido" and coming back as The Dragon and Tito Santana coming back as El Matador after mastering "Spanish bullfighting." I was always surprised they didn't have more Lucha Libre crossover guys - I think Rey Mysterio was the first big name and that was years after I stopped following pro wrestling regularly.

Last edited:
Move over Jeff Farmer we got a new contender.

who's in the real best ever on the mic list, though?

Rock knew how to work a crowd
Austin as well
Jericho has always cut a great promo
Flair has his way
Macho was weird but connected
Heyman might be the non- wrestler GOAT
and I've only gone back 20ish years... could be a long list.

MJF in the new era has massive potential, but nowhere near all time...

This one gets me right in the “It’s still real to me” feels. Fired up Piper was something special.

And of course the classic wise-crack from the Brain at the end. lol

That old edge, Christian and gangrel promo is worst than the Jeff farmer one

No one has mentioned Roddy Piper. He could start riots with his promos.

Lots of great answers here.

In no particular order:

Nick Bockwinkel. Dick Murdoch. Ernie Ladd. Dusty Rhodes. Ric Flair. The Rock. Roddy Piper.The Masked Superstar (Bill Eadie).

Terry Funk could really be a psycho sometimes. He was genuine, and could scare the shit outta fanboys with his intensity.

Managers? Begins with Heenan and ends in Cornette.

Goldberg. Quick and to the point.

Wheeler Yuta, duh

I think Cena gets a bad rap because of the restraints of the WWE, but when he's allowed to riff he's fuckin fire.

Miz has been upper echelon for over a decade.

Back