• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best counter punches while moving backwards - GIFs included

That209

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Hey, Sherbros!

Let's post some GIF's of the best counter punches we've seen from a fighter while they're moving backwards or when dodging incoming strikes from their opponent. Just post some damn good counter strikes!!

Watching a fighter land a perfectly timed counter punch while moving backwards while their opponent is attacking is, in my opinion, the most beautiful kind of striking you could watch in this sport.

Feel free to talk about who you believe are the best fighters in terms of their countering ability if you want. It's always best to make for good discussion as well if anybody is going to make a thread. There's just way too many bad threads lately, so let's try to change it up a little bit for now instead of reading the same old crap all the time.

Conor McGregor KO's Jose Aldo

I'm sure most of you guys immediately thought of this fight when you read the title. McGregor is one of the best counter punchers/strikers we've ever seen in the sport. His timing is absolutely amazing and his technique is flawless.

iYER6Vf.gif

Conor McGregor KO's Ivan Buchinger

Here's another one I'm sure many of you guys would've mentioned. This is definitely one of, if not the best KO in McGregor's career. It wasn't his biggest win, obviously, but it's definitely one of the best counter punches we've seen him land.

tumblr_mzodrubto51ry1rm7o2_r1_400.gif

Stephen Thompson drops Patrick Cote

This is seriously one of the most beautiful counter punches I have ever seen in my life. This is just so fucking perfect. Thompson is one of the best counter strikers around, that's a fact. It's always a pleasure watching him put it together on the feet against his opponent. He has serious potential and I really hope he beats the shit out of boring Johny Hendricks.

Stephen%2BThompson%2BKnockdowns%2BPatrick%2BCote%2BUFC%2B178.gif

Myles Jury KO's Ramsey Nijem

This is one of my favourite KO's ever. Jury gets a lot of hate for being boring, but he is a very talented fighter with a lot of potential. He got submitted very easily by Charles Oliveira in his last fight, which isn't surprising since Oliveira is one of the more dangerous Jiu-Jitsu practitioners in MMA right now, in my opinion, but Jury is a very good striker and is an absolute pleasure to watch if you enjoy some good counter punching. He'll forever be hated for the Donald Cerrone fight, though, and I fully understand why.

ckrhin.jpg

Dominick Cruz lands a beautiful counter on TJ Dillashaw

We all know Cruz's movement is amazing, but this is one of the nicest counters I've ever seen him land. Just watch his feet, watch how he slips that uppercut and literally jumps to the right and lands a perfectly timed left hook/overhand. This is just beautiful. It really is. I love watching Dominick's movement, it's a real treat if you're into fighters who move a lot, which is also why I'm a big fan of Dillashaw.

VainHatefulCanadagoose.gif

Anderson Silva drops Forrest Griffin

This thread would be an abomination if I didn't mention Anderson Silva. This is the best sequence I've ever seen from Anderson, honestly. He has landed many great counters throughout his career, but the way he dodges all of Forrest's punches and then drops him is picture perfect. This is one of the most beautiful counters I've ever seen in MMA and the head movement is what really makes it shine.

tumblr_ndpao5CJNg1u12szuo1_400.gif

Post 'em up, homies!

McGregor vs Brimage was a great display of counter punching too, spent most of the fight walking backwards picking him off

You might as well make this a Chuck Liddell appreciation thread.

i18486_IgorVovchanchynvsOlegTischenkoDNRF96_medium.gif

i18488_IgorVovchanchynvsRomanTikunovMSG96_medium.gif

Not a GIF but plenty of beautiful examples.

#IgorBless

magomedov%2Bko.gif

Close enough. Rashid is the man.

For a moment I was wondering if the 3rd KO was gonna be Conor too lol

fuuuuuuck... I forgot how brutal that was. Crazy fight while it lasted.
For a moment I was wondering if the 3rd KO was gonna be Conor too lol
I opened the thread wondering if maybe this wasn't a secret McMuffin worship thread. You know, give That209 the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, I was wrong.
Conor vs Doherty

doherty.gif
Same punch he KOed Aldo with, at 2 completely different levels of competition. Pretty cool to see.

Hey, Sherbros!

Let's post some GIF's of the best counter punches we've seen from a fighter while they're moving backwards or when dodging incoming strikes from their opponent. Just post some damn good counter strikes!!

Watching a fighter land a perfectly timed counter punch while moving backwards while their opponent is attacking is, in my opinion, the most beautiful kind of striking you could watch in this sport.

Feel free to talk about who you believe are the best fighters in terms of their countering ability if you want. It's always best to make for good discussion as well if anybody is going to make a thread. There's just way too many bad threads lately, so let's try to change it up a little bit for now instead of reading the same old crap all the time.

Conor McGregor KO's Jose Aldo

I'm sure most of you guys immediately thought of this fight when you read the title. McGregor is one of the best counter punchers/strikers we've ever seen in the sport. His timing is absolutely amazing and his technique is flawless.

iYER6Vf.gif

Conor McGregor KO's Ivan Buchinger

Here's another one I'm sure many of you guys would've mentioned. This is definitely one of, if not the best KO in McGregor's career. It wasn't his biggest win, obviously, but it's definitely one of the best counter punches we've seen him land.

tumblr_mzodrubto51ry1rm7o2_r1_400.gif

Stephen Thompson drops Patrick Cote

This is seriously one of the most beautiful counter punches I have ever seen in my life. This is just so fucking perfect. Thompson is one of the best counter strikers around, that's a fact. It's always a pleasure watching him put it together on the feet against his opponent. He has serious potential and I really hope he beats the shit out of boring Johny Hendricks.

Stephen%2BThompson%2BKnockdowns%2BPatrick%2BCote%2BUFC%2B178.gif

Myles Jury KO's Ramsey Nijem

This is one of my favourite KO's ever. Jury gets a lot of hate for being boring, but he is a very talented fighter with a lot of potential. He got submitted very easily by Charles Oliveira in his last fight, which isn't surprising since Oliveira is one of the more dangerous Jiu-Jitsu practitioners in MMA right now, in my opinion, but Jury is a very good striker and is an absolute pleasure to watch if you enjoy some good counter punching. He'll forever be hated for the Donald Cerrone fight, though, and I fully understand why.

ckrhin.jpg

Dominick Cruz lands a beautiful counter on TJ Dillashaw

We all know Cruz's movement is amazing, but this is one of the nicest counters I've ever seen him land. Just watch his feet, watch how he slips that uppercut and literally jumps to the right and lands a perfectly timed left hook/overhand. This is just beautiful. It really is. I love watching Dominick's movement, it's a real treat if you're into fighters who move a lot, which is also why I'm a big fan of Dillashaw.

VainHatefulCanadagoose.gif

Anderson Silva drops Forrest Griffin

This thread would be an abomination if I didn't mention Anderson Silva. This is the best sequence I've ever seen from Anderson, honestly. He has landed many great counters throughout his career, but the way he dodges all of Forrest's punches and then drops him is picture perfect. This is one of the most beautiful counters I've ever seen in MMA and the head movement is what really makes it shine.

tumblr_ndpao5CJNg1u12szuo1_400.gif

Post 'em up, homies!

Conor does it in almost every fight

Thompson/Cote....so beautiful it made me tear up

Back