Best counter-figher style of KickBoxing/Muay-Thai

• Thread starter Deleted member 580830
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 580830

Who is the greatest counterpuncher in Kickboxing / Muay-Thai ?

Petrosyan and Nasukawa so far are brilliant in my opinion and represent the essence of counter punching.
I'm not talking about countering punch with kicks like a Buakaw heavy leg style but more about "pure" western boxing implemented in Kickboxing and Muay-Thai.

Yodsanklai and Nong-O deserve a name here, they have some good hand too.
What about the glory guys, any name to mention ?

Muay femur. like Saenchai, Lerdsilla, any of the jockey gym are the best counter strikers

Last edited:
Here is my question, is there a fighter who counterpunch on long/medium range according to this video standard ?

Any of the Jockey gym. Muay femurs like Saenchai, Lerdsilla are the best counter strikers.

Most of muay femurs are a mix of Elusive, Tricky and Counter style.
Lerdsila is more tricky and elusive than counter. The same apply for Saenchai.
Jocky Gym have produced the best technical fighters of Thailand, and even some great farang like Danny Bills. All of them have of course good hand, but they didn't rely heavily on them to counter punch. They were more countering with sweeps, knees, kicks and teeps than with punch.

Muay-thai need some Muay Matt news blood, a 50% matt and 50% femur could be the style i look for, but for what i know in the history of the sport only Somluck corresponded to that characteristic, and even he was more elusive and tricky than counter.

For what i know, the thai circuit are poor in diversity in today era, it is all about 70% clinch. Many old school style disappeared, kinda sad.

Koya Urabe and Artem Levin.

I was impressed by Artem Levin head movement. Koya Urabe looked average however. But i'm going to study both. Thanks for the share.

Petch U Thong had some epic counters. Cedric Doumbe as well

Here is my question, is there a fighter who counterpunch on long/medium range according to this video standard ?

Most of muay femurs are a mix of Elusive, Tricky and Counter style.
Lerdsila is more tricky and elusive than counter. The same apply for Saenchai.
Jocky Gym have produced the best technical fighters of Thailand, and even some great farang like Danny Bills. All of them have of course good hand, but they didn't rely heavily on them to counter punch. They were more countering with sweeps, knees, kicks and teeps than with punch.

Muay-thai need some Muay Matt news blood, a 50% matt and 50% femur could be the style i look for, but for what i know in the history of the sport only Somluck corresponded to that characteristic, and even he was more elusive and tricky than counter.

For what i know, the thai circuit are poor in diversity in today era, it is all about 70% clinch. Many old school style disappeared, kinda sad.

I was impressed by Artem Levin head movement. Koya Urabe looked average however. But i'm going to study both. Thanks for the share.

Somrak. He was an olympic boxing champ too.

Say what you will about Badr but he is one of the best counter punchers ever seen at Heavyweight.

Back