Best car that pretends to be a truck

44f311cf536a1415f524f5d99983c49e.jpeg

You tell me bud, you posted them!

5e2b479904a192674c935552195684187208f82e.jpg

brat with rear facing bed seats

The Brat had seats in the back to get around the Chicken Tax. The Chicken Tax was implemented in 1964 to counter Germany and France putting a 25% tax on US chicken. The US countered by putting a 25% import tax on small pickups. The seats in the back allowed VW to classify the Brat as a car, getting around the tax until the loophole was closed.
Chevy got around the Chicken tax with the Luv by shipping it over without a bed, and adding it when they hit US soil.

a81KV2O_460swp.webp

I'm partial to the VW caddy.

Smyth makes kits to make your own modern VW UTE.
b584b6_cca177d55b8946c2938dc739ccd03ae4~mv2_d_1992_1494_s_2.jpg

b584b6_9e0182cd74b5468c9418f1a173a08205~mv2.jpg

FB_IMG_1619135118521.jpg

None of those are trucks and I hate when people call their SUV a truck. No, your Tahoe is not a truck.

Your F150 isn't a truck, it's a pickup.

None of those are trucks and I hate when people call their SUV a truck. No, your Tahoe is not a truck.
Unless you drive one of these yours is not a truck either broski

semi-semitrailer-truck-tractor-highway.jpg

The Brat had seats in the back to get around the Chicken Tax. The Chicken Tax was implemented in 1964 to counter Germany and France putting a 25% tax on US chicken. The US countered by putting a 25% import tax on small pickups. The seats in the back allowed VW to classify the Brat as a car, getting around the tax until the loophole was closed.

Had no clue -thanks for the background info. I do remember going down a state road at high speed sitting in the bed seats gripping the joystick like side handles for dear life-can't remember if there were seatbelts

Spent many days riding in the back of my dad's El Camino as a kid, I'm talking long ass family road trips, me and my sister, a couple 8 and 10 year olds riding unsecured in the back, freezing out asses off as we flew down the freeway without a care in the world
It sounds so crazy to even say that now days, no freaking way would kids today be able to handle that kinda pressure lol

Spent many days riding in the back of my dad's El Camino as a kid, I'm talking long ass family road trips, me and my sister, a couple 8 and 10 year olds riding unsecured in the back, freezing out asses off as we flew down the freeway without a care in the world
It sounds so crazy to even say that now days, no freaking way would kids today be able to handle that kinda pressure lol
Yep, grew up bouncing around in the bed of dad’s pickup down dirt roads; back then a crew cab was a freakish oddity. If we were lucky, there was a hay bale to sit on.

I'll raise you opposite: 4Runner

Shit pretends to be an SUV but is really a truck

Or escalade that pretends to be a limo but is a suv/truck

d90dc7f2e9813a7432d62e462e674c244863251er1-2048-1536v2_uhq.jpg

Daihatsu midget.
In high school, there was a teacher that drove one of these or something really similar. For shits and giggles a bunch of us picked it up from where it was parked in the teachers lot and turned it 90 degrees and moved into the bushes on an adjacent parking island. It was surprisingly very light. I wasnt in his class but a couple of the guys who were there asked Mr Grubb about his parking job the next day and apparently he said something about needing new glasses. He was a pretty good dude. We were a pack of asshole wild animals.

I had a buddy that bought an Subaru brat and we all made fun of him. Then he took us off-roading in that thing and it was awesome. Very capable and fun vehicle in the dirt.

Yes I have a Subaru Forester with a 2-inch lift kit and skid plates and it's actually quite capable although it doesn't match this thread because it doesn't have a flatbed. But for all but the roughest terrain it seems better than trucks and I certainly do better in the mud than trucks as long as it's not super deep mud because its is very underpowered and so can be a real pain in the butt that way.

Last edited:
Back