• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best boy band ever?

T-800
Yellow Card
Reaction score
I'm going with Backstreet boys first and giving a couple other legendary boy band tracks.

I'll always choose backstreet boys

<{cruzshake}>

But that's only if we pretend bands like the following didn't exist. We always have loved to steal shit from black artists.

Were they a corporate creation? Gathered by the record company? Eagles were. Not sure if The Beach Boys and others were though.

Were they a corporate creation? Gathered by the record company? Eagles were. Not sure if The Beach Boys and others were though.
Nah, none of them. I'm pretty sure the "bubblegum pop" craze is attributed to producer Maurice Starr who assembled New Edition, but more famously New Kids on the Block (in 1986). Far more successful personalities like Simon Cowell followed this trend with The Spice Girls and others. If we're going back, that's where it started. Unless you want to point to Boyz II Men as the original, but that was a group that formed in a special Philadelphia high school devoted to the theater arts by the students themselves. Sort of an accident they got as big as they did.

I think most of us intuited bubblegum pop is what the thread cheekishly probed, knowing that musical subculture isn't exactly popular with Sherdog's demographics, but if all that isn't concretely defined, why not discuss the real originals. After all, The Beach Boys were effectively assembled by the Wilson brothers' father, Murry Wilson, and he knew what he was doing. He had ambitions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amaralsyed
Back