Best Boxing/MMA Gloves for Sparring

yellowRose

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi guys I am looking to get boxing gloves for sparring, 16oz.

Need it mainly for muay thai sparring. Want a good quality glove for not too expensive. Willing to spend 60-100 Canadian dollars.

I've heard winning is the best brand but too expensive for me.

Any recommendations?

So far I got 3:

Venum Elite:

Hayabusa T7HYG:

Twins:

Twins are a bit pricier but 30 more dollars I will spend if enough people say it's a much better investment

Thank you

Most any lf those will be more tham sufficiemt but you're paying for the name. I had a pair of Ringside gloves i got as a teenager and had them for over 10 years.

Hi guys I am looking to get boxing gloves for sparring, 16oz.

Need it mainly for muay thai sparring. Want a good quality glove for not too expensive. Willing to spend 60-100 Canadian dollars.

I've heard winning is the best brand but too expensive for me.

Any recommendations?

So far I got 3:

Venum Elite:

Hayabusa T7HYG:

Twins:

Twins are a bit pricier but 30 more dollars I will spend if enough people say it's a much better investment

Thank you

I would post this in the Gear & Equipment Discussion forum. You'll get better advice there than you will here. Maybe a mod will kindly move your thread there for you. Here's a link to that forum -> http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/gear-equipment-discussion.16/

Ya, what type of sparring are you talking about? Are you meaning that you are gearing up to fight professionally so that you need a higher quality? or are you just training for yourself, so you want best bang for your buck? stay away from brand names unless you are looking for professional level, cause it's just like Aerose91 said....

Ive tried the twins and they have a lot of cushion ...almost pillow like. Good construction though

Personally I'ld pick Twins from that list, but that's the point: personally. You gotta try them on and test them out, diff. manufacturers fit different types of hands. Re. brand markup, in my experience I was always happier with the pricier stuff because it felt more comfortable and lasted longer than the no-name brands. Again, you have to try for yourself to see whether the increase in comfort/durability is worth the higher cost, subjectively.
And as the others have said, it depends on the intensity and frequency of your training. No point being overly picky if you use them twice a week for an hour.

Edit: Also you should get this moved to G&E forum so more people can give their opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back