• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best big Asian fighter ever?

Who’s that guy who fought Don Frye? The I’ll beat you by my face will run into your fist strategy. Clearly the best strategy ever!

Zuckerberg?

14440767_10103118713365211_2664383622062366240_n-1.jpg

Damn .. this solidify the theory that Zuck isn't a human.

Takada was the biggest impressive physical specimen, but his actual MMA fighting wasn't fantastic.

As a bodybuilder maybe. The biggest impressive physical specimen from Asia is Choi Hong Man by far

Full Asian from Asia: Sakuraba
Full Asian from US: Mark Munoz "Filipino Wrecking Machine"
Asian heritage: BJ Penn or Robbie Lawler

Honorable mentions: KZ, Cung Le, Machida

I don't consider BJ and KZ to be bigger than lightweight

Hidehiko Yoshida doesn't get as much credit as he should. I came into MMA after a long judo career, and despite being out of his prime actually had some pretty good results. He put up some damn good fights against Wanderlei as well.

Last edited:
If you're half black and whites you're still considered black, if you're half Asian/white you dont get considered as Asian?

Depends if you look Asian or white. Some half Asians look white enough they can pass. One of the kids at after school care looks more white while her brother looks more Asian. A guy in her year who is kinda friends with her didn’t even know they were related because he thought she was white and he Asian! Often one sibling will seem more Asian.

Sakuraba
Okami
Misaki
Kim
Kaz Nakamura

That's my top 5 special mention to Kondo. Although it's hard to say, if they did a tournament with all them in their best shape, I would probably pick Okami to win

Its really strange that not one single 170-205lber from Japan or Korea has emerged in the last decade who can even remotely be in the discussion against the aforementioned
I like Kaz but he has almost as many losses as wins. He's not even the best among Judo fighters, much less asians.

I like Kaz but he has almost as many losses as wins. He's not even the best among Judo fighters, much less asians.

The wins/losses colum doesnt mean that much if you actually watched the ights and the killers he was fighting.
Kaz's record could look much better or even unbeaten if he only fought other Asians, or journeymen. But he took on the best at 205lbs instead

Hidehiko Yoshida doesn't get as much credit as he should. I came into MMA after a long judo career, and despite being out of his prime actually had some pretty good results. He put up some damn good fights against Wanderlei as well.

I feel he did enough to get the nod in the rematch. He was the best fighter of only 1 style

Did you actually watched the fights instead of the wins/losses colum? Look at the guys he fought, beating some of them.
His record could look much better or even unbeaten if he only fought other Asians, or journeymen. But he took on the best at 205lbs instead.
I did and liked his fights but I also watched him get his ass beat by journeymen and cans too. He had heart and some skill but a ways to go for elite status.

holy sweet jesus I haven't seen @Dick in ages

<2>

insert 70k variations of punchlines, ignoring all of them crying
good to see you still around bud

Back