Best Anti-virus software

Law Talkin’ Guy

The Worm
@Gold
Reaction score
What are some of the better antivirus software available? For years I used Norton but for the last few years I’ve been using Kaspersky. My subscription to kaspersky expired yesterday so should I renew it or go with another brand? I typically only ever use my laptop for doing work.

I'm about to cancel Norton. It keeps annoying me with popups and trying to get me to use it's other services. I just want antivirus software, nothing else. I don't want your stupid VPN service. It's just not worth it anymore.

Built in Windows Defender is good enough unless you are downloading and running a lot of suspect applications or browsing shady websites without ad and script blockers.

I also just use what's available in Windows 10. I haven't had an issue (that I've noticed) in years. I do make sure to update Windows frequently for new security essentials definitions.

What are some of the better antivirus software available? For years I used Norton but for the last few years I’ve been using Kaspersky. My subscription to kaspersky expired yesterday so should I renew it or go with another brand? I typically only ever use my laptop for doing work.
Malwarebytes Premium is solid, IMO. They've long addressed the semantics between terms antivirus and anti-malware from a cybersecurity perspective if that's a hang-up upon first glance. It only costs about 3€ monthly and inches up to a figure of less than 10€ for many devices. Good stuff. Install and go about your business.

Used webroot for years now, love them. Have never had an issue and it does not get in my way, or slow down my pc.

I only use Windows Defender, Malwarebytes, and Pi-Hole.

Don't visit shady sites.
giphy.gif

One of those detects if software tries to take screenshot, but it is from bad actor country... and is banned from being used by U.S. Gov't.

Back