best amatuer boxer ever?

Tszyu 259-11
Mosley 230-12
Dela Hoya 223-5

These guys were the most accomplished amatuers i know, really quite phenominal when you look at their success rate as a whole.

Tszyu was very good, he had a very cool style and was my favourite fighter in the amateurs. But I think Andreas Z

Howard Davis Jr was great, ya know the trainer for American Top Team who also can't teach Liddell not to punch like a drunk gorilla.

1973 National AAU Champion (125 lbs)
Defeated Leroy Veasley of Detroit in the final
1974 World Championships (125 lbs) in Havana, Cuba
Defeated Roberto Andino (Puerto Rico) on points
Defeated Rumen Peshev (Bulgaria) on points
Defeated Eddie Ndukwu (Nigeria) on points
Defeated Mariano

This guy has over a million views on youtube:

[YT]Dj9RLyd5aMY[/YT]

I never seen him fight but the internet hype behind him is big.

This guy has over a million views on youtube:

[YT]Dj9RLyd5aMY[/YT]

I never seen him fight but the internet hype behind him is big.
I can't find a single video of him with over a few thousand views. Wiki said he's also a track runner and that he's facing a manslaughter sentence. Interesting..

EDIT - That source was a year old. His MySpace status update - R.I.P. MEL BFF. and SLICK (Kurtiss Colvin) | MySpace -

it marks a year that i been out of jail i'm highly farvored and turly blessed thank you God for the second chance, i love you kamari daddys gonna make it

Kurtiss Colvin | Athletes | USA Boxing - profile

I'll keep an eye out for him.

Kurtiss lives around the corner from me. He's the best amateur prospect 'round here. That guy is the real deal.

I can't find a single video of him with over a few thousand views. Wiki said he's also a track runner and that he's facing a manslaughter sentence. Interesting..

There was an altercation in the pj's of East Austin on Juneteenth '07 I wanna say. I'm not sure what happened, but I remember it was a HUGE deal for a while. Kurtiss and a friend were blamed for the attack and later death of David Morales, a man who was the passenger in a truck that had hit a toddler during the celebration.

People were saying that Morales had a gun, others were saying that he was innocent. No one can ever be sure.

You are right it's not a million views. I had multiple windows open looking at another video. His name is popping up in other forums dedicated to boxing though. Yeah the wiki crime thing does look bad. On youtube there is a video about turning his life around. It appears he is a Jesus Freak now.

Felix Savon, Laszlo Papp and Teofilo Stevenson

would have loved to see him and ali duke it out. i've really never bothered to watch any laszlo papp so can't attest to his greatness. and felix savon doesn't really impress me. but definitely would have loved to watch teofilo defect and go pro

ali would have schooled him. it's one thing to beat up young kids, another thing to beat up someone beating the best men in the world.

i dont really think its fair to put Cuban boxers on the list then compare them to US amatuers. Cubans are not allowed to turn pro so their amatuer career is like their pro career as well. Can you imagine PBF still fighting for the US amatuer team?? The answer is Mark Breland.

Benvenutil and Virgil Hill had great amateur careers.

Other than the three who keep coming up, I'd have to say Mario Kindel

Why are you interested in the best amateurs?

Pro's are, almost by definition, better than amateurs.

The amateur career is usually seen as a stepping stone to a successful pro career.

i know that cuban guy won it in 2000 and 2004 and wouldve been the favorite for 2008 but was kicked off for attempting to defect. i know his name not gonna attept to spell it and look dumb lol. thanks in advance guy.

I think you are talking about Mario Kindelan, who beat Andriy Kotelnik in Sydney and Amir Khan in Athens but he retired a couple of months later and after a few rematches with Khan.

Back