• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion Bernie Sanders is going to win the Dem nomination in 2020, and become President

No one here said anything about it being a popularity contest. there are so many blatant parallels between the two individuals most striking being their pathological lying and corporate ownership even down to foreign parties being in bed with them to get them to their current positions that saying one would be far far better than the other is as hilarious as it is ignorant. As the other poster noted Hillary has some ideas that were better than Trump and theres even a few minor things this idiot is doing right That however doesn't make them a good politician or the "better choice."

And again all this Hillary wouldn't do this or this as if it is so matter of fact based on what? Her campaign promises? The woman was blatant war hawk and would strait faced deny it to the public when grilled on the matter. Yet we are supposed to hold good faith she wouldn't do things like balloon our deficit when she showed leading up to the running she she didn't even grasp our deficit issues! How it is so hard to get that it would be incredibly unwise to trust this woman on any issues given her constant history of never keeping her stories strait? Or would you rather just inflate minor matters she would likely do better and presume she would simply just go what barrack did whilst jamming your fingers in your ears and ignoring the heaps of problems that surround her.

And i already detailed my argument about why they are both shit and it did not just boil down to " i don't like them!" You're simplifying my belief to the point it resembles yours when you bray loudly about people randomly being right wingers.

I've noticed others here have commented on it but at this points its evident you like to prance about accusing everyone here of doing precisely what you post on a daily basis. You produce simplified naive theories that lack anything resembling pragmatism and when others point or don't share the same thoughts you just retort with one long winded attempt at " NO U!"

Man, you type a lot for someone who cannot be compelled to say anything.

Let's get to the heart of the comparison on actual policy basis and move away from "durr hurr they're both corrupt!" Do you deny that Clinton would have:
(i) not appointed an unqualified novice oil executive to SOS, a politician with a BA in Animal Science to Dept. of Energy, and a brain-damaged brain surgeon to administer HUD - all of which have led to laughable ineptitude
(ii) not filled the judiciary with nepotistic and unqualified right-wing appointees
(iii) not appointed a Supreme Court Justice who would attack unions and worker rights
(iv) not appointed NLRB board members who would attack unions and workers rights
(v) not appoint a private school tycoon (with active financial interests) to Dept. of Education
(vi) not appoint an oil lobbyist to head of the EPA
(vii) not pass reckless and deficit-exploding tax cuts to the rich to the detriment of the poor
(viii) not privatized and sold off record amounts of public lands
(ix) not deregulated financial institutions to the detriment of consumers and to national economic stability
(x) not gutted environmental regulations
(xi) not gutted oversight of the CFPB, which recently caught a major financial institution committing crimes
(xii) not expanded defense spending for no apparent reason
(xiii) not aggressively attacked social programs
(xiv) not gutted federal scientific research to the chagrin of science experts.

And this can go on forever. Certainly past the point that I would know how to convert to Roman numerals.

There are so few things that the Trump administration has done that are even remotely justifiable using any sensible method of evaluation (outside of "all regulation bad"). Would there be such gross actions taken by Clinton? Yeah, probably, but they wouldn't make up her entire presidency as is the case here.

And the thing with being "owned by private interests" is just so laughable at this point. Would Clinton's policies have been more favorable to big finance than Sanders? Fucking duh. But they would have been MUCH less friendly than those of Trump, who has practically given the national economy to Wall Street.

I like Bernie a lot but he is too old.

People be real.

I dont like Warren at all and she would be a mess of a candidate.

The left needs to have a deeper pool than this and I dont want to hear Harris or Booker

Maybe the pool is dead.

Why not? I can’t think of a more popular republican.

I would think it’s more likely that if the economy remains strong, he calls it after this term as its very hard to keep going uphill for 8 years. He’s in the history books, he’s passed major legislation, call it a win and blame the problems on the next guy (actually girl, as they’re going to run Nikki Haley next).

That being said, Trump’s ego knows no bounds, so who knows.

Because Trump was elected by default. He was an unknown. He got to take both sides of every position. He was an outsider.

He now has actions that prevent him from taking both positions. He is the definition of an insider.

Maintaining the status quo, won't get you re-elected if you were elected because you were an outsider.

Because Trump was elected by default. He was an unknown. He got to take both sides of every position. He was an outsider.

He now has actions that prevent him from taking both positions. He is the definition of an insider.

Maintaining the status quo, won't get you re-elected if you were elected because you were an outsider.

America is inarguably doing very well under Trump. People are fine with the status quo if there is relative quiet coming from the Middle East and a strong economy.

The status quo under obama was a flat Dow from July of 14 to Election Day, and Isis beheading videos. The Trump administration changed that.

America is inarguably doing very well under Trump. People are fine with the status quo if there is relative quiet coming from the Middle East and a strong economy.

Partisan non-sense.

The difference between obama's America, and Trump's, is new wall paper.

No one finds it odd that he joined the DNC only to leave after losing the primary and now potentially could rejoin to potentially just leave again?
Yea Mr morals gets shit on by the DNC and like the cuck he is, he’s going to run with the DNC again instead of independent. I would vote for Hilliary 100 times before that nut.

Yea Mr morals gets shit on by the DNC and like the cuck he is, he’s going to run with the DNC again instead of independent. I would vote for Hilliary 100 times before that nut.

So like the cuck you are, you keep paying taxes, so you don't go to jail.

What a cuck. Damn cucky people bowing down to superior power.

So like the cuck you are, you keep paying taxes, so you don't go to jail.

What a cuck. Damn cucky people bowing down to superior power.
But I don’t claim to be past that if IRS scammed me and abuse thier power and screwed me over I would move overseas I wouldn’t go back and say please IRS rape me again. I know he’s your man crush and all but you don’t see a problem with all that for him? I remember after you finding out about what the DNC did to him you were cheering on Trump for a bit

Huh...would be worth it to see random people run up on the podium and hijack his acceptance speech

Venezuela is a fine template for the US to follow. Feel the bern fellas

Isn't he going to be almost 80 by the time the next election rolls around? I'm sorry but 80 isn't the age you're put in charge of a country, 80 is the age your kids take your car keys away.

But I don’t claim to be past that if IRS scammed me and abuse thier power and screwed me over I would move overseas I wouldn’t go back and say please IRS rape me again. I know he’s your man crush and all but you don’t see a problem with all that for him? I remember after you finding out about what the DNC did to him you were cheering on Trump for a bit

23 trillion missing dollars argues other wise.

Yes, what the DNC did was absurd. I was angry. Bernie was angry. And rightfully so.

Doesn't change the fact, that it is almost impossible to get elected president running 3rd party.

I'm all for working to change that. I vote 3rd party as a preference, not as a last resort. But until that happens, it was the smart thing to do.

"Run, run, run away, and live to fight another day."

Strategic retreat is not cuckery. It is never fun. No one has any illusions of strategic retreat being a victory. It isn't, it is a lost battle, but a battle does not make a war.

Isn't he going to be almost 80 by the time the next election rolls around? I'm sorry but 80 isn't the age you're put in charge of a country, 80 is the age your kids take your car keys away.

No, he will be 76 by next election. 80 when he finishes his 1st term.

Man, you type a lot for someone who cannot be compelled to say anything.

Let's get to the heart of the comparison on actual policy basis and move away from "durr hurr they're both corrupt!" Do you deny that Clinton would have:
(i) not appointed an unqualified novice oil executive to SOS, a politician with a BA in Animal Science to Dept. of Energy, and a brain-damaged brain surgeon to administer HUD - all of which have led to laughable ineptitude
(ii) not filled the judiciary with nepotistic and unqualified right-wing appointees
(iii) not appointed a Supreme Court Justice who would attack unions and worker rights
(iv) not appointed NLRB board members who would attack unions and workers rights
(v) not appoint a private school tycoon (with active financial interests) to Dept. of Education
(vi) not appoint an oil lobbyist to head of the EPA
(vii) not pass reckless and deficit-exploding tax cuts to the rich to the detriment of the poor
(viii) not privatized and sold off record amounts of public lands
(ix) not deregulated financial institutions to the detriment of consumers and to national economic stability
(x) not gutted environmental regulations
(xi) not gutted oversight of the CFPB, which recently caught a major financial institution committing crimes
(xii) not expanded defense spending for no apparent reason
(xiii) not aggressively attacked social programs
(xiv) not gutted federal scientific research to the chagrin of science experts.

And this can go on forever. Certainly past the point that I would know how to convert to Roman numerals.

There are so few things that the Trump administration has done that are even remotely justifiable using any sensible method of evaluation (outside of "all regulation bad"). Would there be such gross actions taken by Clinton? Yeah, probably, but they wouldn't make up her entire presidency as is the case here.

And the thing with being "owned by private interests" is just so laughable at this point. Would Clinton's policies have been more favorable to big finance than Sanders? Fucking duh. But they would have been MUCH less friendly than those of Trump, who has practically given the national economy to Wall Street.

2 points of response.

1) all of that is temporary outside the supreme Court, as Trump is showing by erasing much of what Obama did.

2) When are we going to get a candidate we actually support, if we don't show the DNC that there is a cost to their actions.

You don't reward bad behavior. If you were dealing with a child who kept shitting on the rug, and the child said well I can shit on you, or in the sink, the proper response is not to let that child shit in the sink. Which is obviously a far superior choice to the child shitting on people.

They will shit in the toilet, or we will all suffer the consequences.

<{dayum}>
I thought the Venezuela comment would really cement how much I dislike the ol bern

Which I will never understand.

I get disagreeing with Bernie. I will never understand those who passionately dislike him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back