Bernard Hopkins t-shirts (official & Affliction)

Bruz

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've been dying to get my hands on this Bernard Hopkins t-shirt that's been on his website forever now as "coming soon"... well, it's been coming soon for a couple years now.

Front:
mockUpFront.gif

Back:
mockUpBack.gif

And then I saw that Affliction has a Hopkins shirt. I'm not one to buy Affliction, TapouT, or other "MMA gear" because it's trendy. But I do think the shirt is cool, and I do want to represent Hopkins:
id870.jpg

Sorry for the huge image.

Now, problem is, the website is all sold out of the grey version of the Hopkins t-shirt in all sizes. The white & red shirts don't look as nice (I like the red lettering on this grey one). The red & whites are all over eBay and other online stores, but the greys are nowhere to be found. Anyone know where I can get the grey Affliction Hopkins t-shirt (in XL)? Anyone know how "new" this shirt is and/or if it is likely to be restocked on the Affliction site (I entered my email addy for a notification if it becomes available)?

And what's up with Hopkins official site? Put out the damn "official" shirt already! I don't care that he's no longer 20/20!

The first shirt is alright. I could never bring myself to wear an Affliction shirt though.

Should be able to get a discount on the first one.:icon_lol:

I'd love to buy that shirt but I can't because it comes with a tapout lunchbox.

That's a cool shirt. Then again, I own and regularly wear the Kelly Pavlik Affliction tee, so I'm biased.

i want that one Cotto was wearing vs. Gomez. It looked kinda like Affliction but was from Ecko.

edit: Ha! they have it for sale at the Ecko online store. very nice

Shouldn't the Affliction one be of a skeleton holding his imaginary balls and looking at his watch?

So I decided I'm not getting the Affliction Hopkins shirt. This weekend I went to a club at the Jersey shore with some friends. Not my scene, not really theres either, but we wanted to hang out & drink outside.

There were more Affliction t-shirts than any other brand of shirt being worn I think. And it was a bunch of meathead guido posers wearing them. I even saw 1 dude rocking the Hopkins shirt (but in red).

I don't want a true MMA fan to see me wearing one and think I'm a douchebag like I thought of all those italian spike masters.

Good for Affliction becoming a popular brand. Sucks a lot of the MMA community are embarassed to wear the shirts though (same w/ TapouT) since so many weiners wear them. I saw a lot of TapouT shirts down the shore too.

And no, I'm not some pompous asshole thinking I'm better than these people. I'm not better than them. I just guarantee that if I went up to the dude with the Liddell shirt and started talking to him about Liddell's career he wouldn't know who half the big names Chuck's fought are.

/rant

That's the bonus to living in West Virginia.

No guidos.

Affliction has some really well designed shirts, but the fact that I walk around a bar during fight time I see the same shirt 2-3 times. I am not a person that really cares about fashion too much, but if I am wearing one of those affliction shirts, I feel I might just lose my sense of identity.

So I decided I'm not getting the Affliction Hopkins shirt. This weekend I went to a club at the Jersey shore with some friends. Not my scene, not really theres either, but we wanted to hang out & drink outside.

There were more Affliction t-shirts than any other brand of shirt being worn I think. And it was a bunch of meathead guido posers wearing them. I even saw 1 dude rocking the Hopkins shirt (but in red).

I don't want a true MMA fan to see me wearing one and think I'm a douchebag like I thought of all those italian spike masters.

Good for Affliction becoming a popular brand. Sucks a lot of the MMA community are embarassed to wear the shirts though (same w/ TapouT) since so many weiners wear them. I saw a lot of TapouT shirts down the shore too.

And no, I'm not some pompous asshole thinking I'm better than these people. I'm not better than them. I just guarantee that if I went up to the dude with the Liddell shirt and started talking to him about Liddell's career he wouldn't know who half the big names Chuck's fought are.

/rant
Hey I feel you.
But thats why I DO where my tapout shirts with pride, and when I see posers and SRH BROS whereing them I call them out on there bullshit, in front of whoever is around, and everyone knows they are posing ass douche bags.
Thats right Boxing Forum, I rock TAPOUT!!!!! AND PUNISHMENT!!!! AND UFC BRAND!!!!!!

Hey I feel you.
But thats why I DO where my tapout shirts with pride, and when I see posers and SRH BROS whereing them I call them out on there bullshit, in front of whoever is around, and everyone knows they are posing ass douche bags.
Thats right Boxing Forum, I rock TAPOUT!!!!! AND PUNISHMENT!!!! AND UFC BRAND!!!!!!

You mean because they arn't fighters or something?

/rant

As a big MMA fan, it's a shirt, that's all, I don't really think it's that serious and definitely nothing to be embarrassed about if you wear them. I care less what some guy that I've never met thinks of me, especially someone that's going to judge based off of a T-Shirt.

You guys gotta remember all of the name brand shirts out there are mass produced by hundreds of thousands, so from Affliction all the way down to Levi's nothing is going to be as original as you may think it is.

You mean because they arn't fighters or something?

Or because they arent fans of fights. They dont have any knowledge of MMA, Boxing, JiuJitsu or anything like it. But they know the shirt suggests they do, and think it makes them cool.
Five or six years ago you would only see Tapout on martial artists and hardcore fans, if you saw a guy wearing Tapout you knew you could stop and shoot the shit with them.
Nowadays I see SRH Bros to OLD FUCKING YUPPIE MEN wearing all these shirts, and when you ask them about the next fight they look at you like your weird. Fuck those guys.

Or because they arent fans of fights. They dont have any knowledge of MMA, Boxing, JiuJitsu or anything like it. But they know the shirt suggests they do, and think it makes them cool.
Five or six years ago you would only see Tapout on martial artists and hardcore fans, if you saw a guy wearing Tapout you knew you could stop and shoot the shit with them.
Nowadays I see SRH Bros to OLD FUCKING YUPPIE MEN wearing all these shirts, and when you ask them about the next fight they look at you like your weird. Fuck those guys.

But, it's the same thing with everything man. I see people all the time who wear Steelers gear, but don't even watch football. So, am I suppose to not wear Steeler shirts because of that now? Who cares? It's clothes, people buy/wear things for different reasons, for the most part people buy clothes based off of style. Who the hell says that you have to be into MMA to wear certain clothes? You think TapOut or Affliction only wants hardcore MMA fans wearing their stuff? Of course not, they want their brand to be as mainstream as possible.

But, it's the same thing with everything man. I see people all the time who wear Steelers gear, but don't even watch football. So, am I suppose to not wear Steeler shirts because of that now? Who cares? It's clothes, people buy/wear things for different reasons, for the most part people buy clothes based off of style. Who the hell says that you have to be into MMA to wear certain clothes? You think TapOut or Affliction only wants hardcore MMA fans wearing their stuff? Of course not, they want their brand to be as mainstream as possible.

Well sure man, obviously from the company perspective thats how it goes.
But you know Tapout started selling shirts to hardcore MMA fans outside of small shows in San Bernardino back in the day, so thats where the roots are at. Im not acting like its realistic, hell Tapout is only huge BECAUSE of all the posers that where it now. But Im still allowed to feel robbed of a certain sense of individuality those clothes used to present.
Never said it was very mature, but Im a 21 years old OG MMA head who just doesnt like it. I think my feeling is fair, and I stand by my statement, fuck those guys.
And fuck those guys who wear steelers gear and dont watch football, those people are superficial nothings.

Well sure man, obviously from the company perspective thats how it goes.
But you know Tapout started selling shirts to hardcore MMA fans outside of small shows in San Bernardino back in the day, so thats where the roots are at. Im not acting like its realistic, hell Tapout is only huge BECAUSE of all the posers that where it now. But Im still allowed to feel robbed of a certain sense of individuality those clothes used to present.
Never said it was very mature, but Im a 21 years old OG MMA head who just doesnt like it. I think my feeling is fair, and I stand by my statement, fuck those guys.
And fuck those guys who wear steelers gear and dont watch football, those people are superficial nothings.

I understand, it's the same with shit like Phat Farm.
I guess if I saw someone wearing a ****llica shirt, I would assume they knew something about the band.

Back