Benson Henderson's next fight on Fox?

wellsdj1

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to put Henderson's next title fight on Fox to try to make him a star with casual MMA fans? it's not exactly like this guy sells a lot of PPV's with his name right now. Henderson vs Pettis or Melendez on Fox would be great!

I like the idea. Especially since Cerrone v Pettis is on FOX too. Maybe the Fox 7 card for the title? IMO they should have Gil fight on the Fox 7 card too, then if he wins have him fight Benson (or Cerrone/Pettis) on Fox 8 or 9.

I think it would serve the UFC and the top 10 fighters in the 155lb divison very well if all the big LW fights were on the Fox cards for the next 12-18 months.

The more I think about it he probably should get the winner of Pettis vs Cerrone as both of them are on the January Fox card. Melendez should get a warm up fight first.

I like the idea. Especially since Cerrone v Pettis is on FOX too. Maybe the Fox 7 card for the title? IMO they should have Gil fight on the Fox 7 card too, then if he wins have him fight Benson (or Cerrone/Pettis) on Fox 8 or 9.

I think it would serve the UFC and the top 10 fighters in the 155lb divison very well if all the big LW fights were on the Fox cards for the next 12-18 months.

You beat me to it with Henderson vs Pettis / Cerrone! I like the idea of the 12-18 months of free big LW fights on Fox. Get the casuals addicted and than charge then latter.

And save me a ton of money.....

Bendo vs Melendez/Pettis/Cerrone on FOX would be awesome.

I also think Jose Aldo should get placed on Fox. He should be a bigger star!

He's a durable exciting fighter. Having him on Fox would be great. I like his story being half korean and half black. It's intriguing. I think new fans shall take a liking to him.

I've been enjoying all these free fights.

Gil vs. RDA

winner fights bendo

:icon_chee

Not interested in cerrone / pettis rematches...

After last Saturday, I hardly see how Benson deserves to headline a Fox card, or even any card. He's the LW, black version of GSP.
No offense to Benson, he seems like a nice guy; but he should fight to finish or else not be on the main event

After last Saturday, I hardly see how Benson deserves to headline a Fox card, or even any card. He's the LW, black version of GSP.
No offense to Benson, he seems like a nice guy; but he should fight to finish or else not be on the main event

Coming from a SONNEN fan?

Get over it. Yes he should be on FOX, consistency helps make those guys big stars.

Back