Benson Henderson versus Thiago Alves in South Korea

Pretty sure that is a LW fight. Bendo will sub him for sure. Can't imagine how Alves will look after cutting to 155...probably Luter-like lol

Oh my god, read the articles, or the other two threads on this. It's being targeted for welterweight

Benson's ultimate weightcutting days are finally over... and I dig it.

is it though? Benson wanted to go up and Alves wanted to go down in weight.

I like this fight but everyone saying Ben by sub forgets that he likes decisions. Or it appears so anyway. What with the reality of his fighting career and such. What not.

Should be fun.

Expect Stun Gun on the card, maybe Akiyama if he's healthy. Sucks the Zombie is out cause it would have been perfect having him on the card.

Imagine Zombie vs Holloway or Edgar.

Been to long since Bendo's been out there. Can't wait for his return.

Alves via flying knee.

man bendo is the dude
taking on thatch and then alves
scary ass strikers
however, i see smooth by submission late in round 2 or round 3

Benson's got this most likely by via submission, Alves has a history of being tapped.
Y1QSz.gif

He's been tapped out twice in his long UFC career. That's not exactly a "history" of getting tapped.

In 20 UFC fights, he's lost by submission twice.

I was hoping for Benson vs. DHK. I don't know why they're taking their sweet time with Benson at welter-weight. It's not like Benson hasn't proved himself to be elite. Meanwhile, Gunnar beats Thatch (after Benson already did) and Gunnar is fringe top ten. I don't get it.

Benson's ultimate weightcutting days are finally over... and I dig it.

Same here. I'm becoming a fan since he stopped with the massive weight cuts. Now if only he'd braid or cut that hair so he's not fiddling with it every few seconds after the first round.

I was hoping for Benson vs. DHK. I don't know why they're taking their sweet time with Benson at welter-weight. It's not like Benson hasn't proved himself to be elite. Meanwhile, Gunnar beats Thatch (after Benson already did) and Gunnar is fringe top ten. I don't get it.
It's already been addressed, that would be a bad use of Korean fighters when you're promoting a show in Korea. Let them each fight a non-Asian to keep the locals happy.

Someone should make a Benson meme: 1-2 in last three fights, gets to headline big event.

Seriously, possibly least deserving headliner ever.

Beat a highly touted Welterweight prospect, lost a questionable decision to Cerrone, lost to the current UFC LW Champ, is a Former Champ in two major orgs.

How is he undeserving again?

Same here. I'm becoming a fan since he stopped with the massive weight cuts. Now if only he'd braid or cut that hair so he's not fiddling with it every few seconds after the first round.

It's already been addressed, that would be a bad use of Korean fighters when you're promoting a show in Korea. Let them each fight a non-Asian to keep the locals happy.

If they fight each other, one Korean will win no matter what. If they each have separate fights, there's the chance that neither Koreans will win. Which matchmaking has the better probability of a Korean winning and thus happy Korean fans?

If they fight each other, one Korean will win no matter what. If they each have separate fights, there's the chance that neither Koreans will win. Which matchmaking has the better probability of a Korean winning and thus happy Korean fans?

Ok but if they fight there's guaranteed to be a losing Korean instead of the possibility of 2 Korean winners. They just need to give them both favorable matchups like they did for the Mexican-American fighters in Mexico.

Ok but if they fight there's guaranteed to be a losing Korean instead of the possibility of 2 Korean winners. They just need to give them both favorable matchups like they did for the Mexican-American fighters in Mexico.

So people like mismatches as long as their hometown fighter wins? I don't agree with that, but you're right—it's a very plausible possibility. I just think most fight fans would rather see good matches in general. This regional MMA bias is a bit ridiculous sometimes; It's also a bit insulting to the fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back